Default Ear Cleaning question

I was taught to wet cotton ball with cleaner and gently wipe out ears. However, I read where other groomers fill ear with cleaner, massage then wipe out excess after dog shakes its head. Would like to get feed back on how you all do it!

It depends on the cleaner I think?

I was taught early on to never put the cleaner in the ears but later on instructed by my mentor groomer to flush the ears.

I use epi-otic advanced which has drying agents in it and the bottle instructs to "apply liberally into the ear canal".

Thanks Rik

I learned from this forum, I think it may have been Double Dog Dare, to never flush the ears out with anything. We donít know if there is a ruptured ear drum that could be made worse by flushing.

I heeded her advice. Let the vet do it. I only clean what I can see. And I use non-Alcohol baby wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    I learned from this forum, I think it may have been Double Dog Dare, to never flush the ears out with anything. We donít know if there is a ruptured ear drum that could be made worse by flushing.

I heeded her advice. Let the vet do it. I only clean what I can see. And I use non-Alcohol baby wipes.
    I miss DDD
    I have never thought to use non alcohol baby wipes....might just try that
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Yes, Its a Best Dog Ear Cleaner Solution. It will clean the ear without any issue. So you can clean the ear from home without vet easily.
    You can see how to use the ear clean at home - how to treat dog ear infection without vet