Mad Inverter system and K9-2 dryer

I'm wondering if an inverter system can be used to power a K9-2 dryer? We are converting a truck and will be using an inverter system and a generator. We read that the inverter and batteries should run all the tools except the A/C, which we will need the generator for. My husband did a mock up to test before we install it in the truck. After running my K9-2 I noticed a hot smell. Today the fuse box going from the inverter to the batteries started smoking. Needless to say, I turned everything off. I just read an old post from 2017 that said the K9-2 needs to be run off of the generator- is this true?

I run my K9II off my inverter with no issue at all. I now have a 4k inverter but previously had a 3K also with no issues. However, you will need one heck of a battery bank ( I have five 200AH batteries) and make sure that when you run the genny it's charging the bank. Otherwise you will go through batteries quickly.

Thank you! I currently have a 3000 watt inverter and 4 deep cycle rv batteries. We were thinking of adding 2 more batteries. I would rather do that than use the gen. Because of the noise factor.

Exactly as Cockerlvr said. We have 6 200AH batteries.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    I run my K9II off my inverter with no issue at all. I now have a 4k inverter but previously had a 3K also with no issues. However, you will need one heck of a battery bank ( I have five 200AH batteries) and make sure that when you run the genny it's charging the bank. Otherwise you will go through batteries quickly.
    Whats the brand of your inverter you use? I need to upgrade what ever came with my van

Pay close attention to your fuse specs. They work like this. As power passes through the fuse it's temperature increases accordingly. The material is sized to melt at a specific temperature. Depending on the manufacturer and specifics of performance of any fuse they all come with charts or make charts available to convey these characteristics to the designer or end user. Your not supposed to run them up to the limit or so close that they become a power sucking heater. If you increase your power draw by a lot from what a system was designed to operate at the fuse will most likely be pushed to its upper limits and become a drain of your batteries stored power. Changing to higher rated fuse is only safe if the rest of the system can handle the loads. Of the problem of drying is something other than the equipment changing the equipment doesn't solve the problem.