Default My experience at Intergroom

I attended Intergroom yesterday afternoon. Meadowlands is only 20 minutes from NYC by bus, so the location is perfect for New Yorkers.
    The man at reception was sweet and welcoming, as were some of the other people working the event. There are a lot of tools and shampoos and other products to buy. So all of that was good. Groomers seemed to be happily shopping
    I've worked some trade shows in other professions, and they're mostly energy-sucking for people working the floor. It's hard to stand or sit in a big room with no natural lighting for hour after hour.
    I wish that the exhibitors had the funds to put together more polished-looking and interesting displays. From experience, I know that putting together an exhibit display can be shockingly expensive, but it did seem like some displays were too minimal.
    The overall coloring of the exposition center is very dark, which is why livelier displays would have been so helpful.
    I talked to a few vendors. One shampoo vendor seemed to be there for some reason other than selling, and another didn't know the products that well, so a little more product training for reps before the event might be useful.
    Kudos to Nature's Specialties/Davis for being on top of their game. The gentleman and lady asked me what I was looking for, but then went beyond that to make specific suggestions and offer appropriate samples. They knew their products, and they made me feel well-looked-after.
    Anyway, glad I went!

Are you going again Emma this year or to another show?

It is a really convenient show for NY NJ groomers. I have enjoyed it a couple times but end up now going to Hershey for the whole she bang.

Yes, looking forward to it.

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

I saw a post where you can get in free this year for 2019.