Sad Dog's Death on United Flight Sparks New Rules on Flying with Dogs

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dogs-de...als-1521049004

United said the attendant didnít understand there was a dog inside the stowed bag, and plans by April to issue yellow tags to travelers with pets................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

This tragedy is so confusing to understand, and there are now conflicting articles circulating. One story said she paid $125 and the dog was in an approved carrier, while another said the dog was in a large purse on her lap (in which case I have to ask, were they trying to sneak the dog on the plane?).Why was putting the container under the seat in front of her not an option? That is where my cat flew for many hours (in an approved kennel the airline made me purchase even though I had a soft side ventilated carry bag I wasnít allowed to use) when we left Hawaii. Why did the owner not just unzip the bag and show them her puppy was in it? There are statements saying this poor puppy cried for half an hour after being stowed overhead, in which case the flight attendant would have indeed known there was a dog in the bag. If the dog was crying, why did no other passenger step forward to help? Did they all just put on their noise-cancelling headphones and turn a deaf ear? Air marshall or not, I wouldíve opened that overhead bin and demanded to speak to the captain. There certainly seem to be more questions than answers for me, and at the end of the day, this is still a horrific story, that seems to me couldíve had a different outcome if one of the humans had spoken up, and been this poor fur babyís advocate.

Mad United Air ships dog to Japan, not Kansas

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/us/un...-up/index.html

Dog bound for Kansas mistakenly shipped to Japan via United Airlines
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Default 3rd United Air Handling Incident of Pet

Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

That's BS. By all accounts that dog cried/barked for two hours after being put up there. Every single human on that plane within earshot failed that dog. Even if it wasn't my dog I would have risked being taken off that flight to stand up for that dog. As bad as I feel for the owner she also has culpability in this event. The flight attendant flat out needs to be fired.

I had so many bad flights on UA I stopped flying them. It was the staff not the pilots. Anyway, the best pet care when shipping pets was Alaska Air from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    That's BS. By all accounts that dog cried/barked for two hours after being put up there. Every single human on that plane within earshot failed that dog. Even if it wasn't my dog I would have risked being taken off that flight to stand up for that dog. As bad as I feel for the owner she also has culpability in this event. The flight attendant flat out needs to be fired.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.. if the guy videotaping things heard the dog crying and barking..so did others. And by being silent themselves, they failed that dog. Airlines have us afraid of being kicked off. So what. I would have risked being kicked off (hopefully with the dog). And yes, the owner should have stood up and said.. "MY DOG IS IN THERE SUFFERING, HELP ME."

I won't fly United nor Delta if I can help it. Especially Delta. The flight attendants are just rude. And I agree the FA needs to fired for her stupidity, lack of compassion... whatever. Last time I flew Frontier.. some guy had his 3 mo/o Husky pup...definitely didn't fit in a carrier under the seat. Everyone was super happy there was a puppy on the plane.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Man, a million dollar idea-

Airlines especially for people and their pets.