Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh Cosmo, Iím so sorry to hear this. How absolutely scary. Thank goodness your now safe and alive.

Iím like Dolly. I stopped riding on my low traffic road also. It was just getting to dangerous. People that would ďgun itĒ as they passed me. Or people that wouldnít even move over an inch to give me some space as they passed. I could go on and on. And...these are people that most likely are NOT Under an Influence. Itís just scary.

Now I just ride on the trails or bike paths. I hope thatís an option for you.

One suggestion. If you do decide to ride on the roads again please get the BRIGHT GREEN vest or jacket if you donít have that color already. Groups of people practice for road racing on my low traffic road. I can see those Bright Green jackets waaay before I see the other colors. Even in a pack of red, light blue, white, bright yellow jacket wearers, those Bright Green jackets show up Best every time.

Again, thank you that your safe now. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    Your story really puts the emphasis on why I don't ride the road.........Once a week I do 20 miles on the Olentangy Trail, which is about 27 miles away from my home. My brother just doesn't understand why I don't ride my road, since every weekend, there are tons of bikers traveling my scenic, low traffic road...... There are lots of pick-ups and small hills with curves......just inviting a hit-and-run with me laying in a ditch for hours before another pick-up comes by.

I'm so glad you are recovering, and I'm copying your post to send to my brother.

Happy buying a new bike

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
    I used to take the greenway (bike trail) in but there had been incidents of people mugging bicyclists at night so I stopped doing that. Minneapolis boasts that it is a very bike friendly city but I'm having my doubts...

Gonna take a breather from cycling and yes, buy a new bike in the spring

Thank you all for your kind words. Today I'm a bit less sore (just a bit!) I have a slow day today but tomorrow I have a full book at my other shop but it's all my favorite clients so it should be fun!

I had a nice long soak last night with bath salts and a bottle of prosecco. I've been getting nice calls from friends and family checking in.

The neighborhood group is also keeping their eyes and ears out for anything, it's amazing the support I've been getting both on here and in my community. Brings a happy tear to my eye

I'm so glad your on the mend ! I stopped riding my bike to work after being clipped at the lights. Crazy lady was in the cycle box too
    I set off as the light turned green so did she ,the front end of the car clipped my peddle and it was enough for me to loose my balance. I fell off my bike onto the pavement and beyond grazed hands and slight embarrassment and steaming anger ( I kicked my bike ) I was ok . no one stopped to make sure I was OK ... But then I did just kick my bike. Police said there was nothing they could do. I walked the rest of the way home and haven't touched my bike since.

Oh Rik.. so close.. so lucky. Someone was watching you. I'm so sorry you were in a terrible accident though and I'm sure you will get super sore. Keep us posted. I'm so glad you weren't hit in the head or worse. Very thankful you are okay!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

OMG, Rik, this is so scary, so glad you are OK, you are very lucky. Please take next few weeks easy, you don't need to do more damage to your body by wrestling big dogs. Did you go to the Dr. to make sure there is no concussion?
    Your story brought back memories of a guy who was our IT tech back in California, when we had another business. He was riding his bike one day, and was in hit and run (the guy didn't stop and dragged him and his bike for some distance) and ended up with severe brain damage.
    Once again, you were lucky, hope the person who did this to you get his punishment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad your ok but don't be quick to go back 100% as many times deeper damage was done. If you are able to afford a proper physio, to make sure your not out of whack for too long.
    I've known people to walk away from what seems like a minor car bump but have issues with necks/ shoulders for years. Be careful

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CosmonautRik View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words. Today I'm a bit less sore (just a bit!) I have a slow day today but tomorrow I have a full book at my other shop but it's all my favorite clients so it should be fun!

I had a nice long soak last night with bath salts and a bottle of prosecco. I've been getting nice calls from friends and family checking in.

The neighborhood group is also keeping their eyes and ears out for anything, it's amazing the support I've been getting both on here and in my community. Brings a happy tear to my eye
    Oh that is sooo good about your friends and neighbors!! I'll bet that bath salt helped a lot. My street is really dangerous.. I won't even walk it anymore. I need to move lol.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

So EXTREMELY happy you are ok!!!! Try to make sure your ok to go back to work. Hugs & prayers for your speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2