Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Get a little lock safe for your blades and place it in the drawer. Get a few pad locks and hook your shears through them. Nobody can use shears when 3 more are hooked on. If anything is thrown around meaning your equipment isn't working right ask to view the cameras. I had a bather in corp who hated me as GSM take my shears and butcher the cut of a dog before she brought it out to the customer. Caught on cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I worked at petsomething-o (lol) I bought my own box. And locked it down like fort Knox

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dobermandaisy View Post
    Get a little lock safe for your blades and place it in the drawer. Get a few pad locks and hook your shears through them. Nobody can use shears when 3 more are hooked on. If anything is thrown around meaning your equipment isn't working right ask to view the cameras. I had a bather in corp who hated me as GSM take my shears and butcher the cut of a dog before she brought it out to the customer. Caught on cam.

Oh my God. I WISH we had cameras. Our particular store doesn't. Isn't that insane in this day and age? A retail store without security cameras????

Oh and my GM is on his 40th vacation of the year at the moment, I haven't been able to talk to him yet and probably won't get a chance to until next week....
    But I'm being good, adhering to policy and also leaving my cabinet open unlocked as requested.
    Lol when I came in the other day with my tools in a case my salon manager looked so pissed. All day. Then as I was "bagging" them up to lock away, again with the mad face.
    She's funny that way. If you don't comply with her personal preferences (demands, actually) she gets professionally "offended" and finds a way to connect it to your job performance. I really don't understand how someone can think they are your friend and then enforce their personal opinions/beliefs/whatever on you and turn in into a workplace thing. I'm keeping my distance for now, because obviously, we are not friends and this isn't a team. So sad. I just want to work and go home!

I would take my stuff home every day then. Your salon mates are being silly and selfish. I lock my stuff every day and I don't have the best equipment, but it's mine! We invest a lot of money in buying and maintaining our equipment. They could suck an egg and grow up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I work at a pet whatever. I tried locking my tool but mgt has 2nd key. My blades and shears go home every night in those cardboard boxes in a bag (even a reusable shopping bag works). My trimmers and clippers and combs too. And my personal dremel batteries. I donít share. The others know it. No offense but I spent 10X what any of the others have because I had an insurance settlement so I bought expensive better quality equipment which I believe makes my grooms better (not necessarily better than theirs just better than it would be otherwise). One of our new groomers didnít want to share either and takes her stuff home too. She has actually seen the gsm use other girls tools. So not ok. Just pick the most important tools to take home easily and hope for the best. I have to leave all my brushes, my backup clippers, and backup blades that I value less. It is inconvenient but my peace of mind is worth it. I originally had everything in a smaller toolbox and one day it wandered off. So yeah I donít trust anyone enough to leave hundreds (thousands) of dollars worth of tools behind. And most of the girls in my salon I do count as friends.

Haha just noticed how old this thread was. But still true and maybe others have a similar dilemma.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3