Default MohawK - can't type a proper end letter - hope you can figure out what I am needing..

Hello - it's Fuzzybum here again with a question for the PROS. I have a customer coming tomorrow who is wanting to have a mohawc on their dog - I have done a couple so i pretty much have it down, but i would love to get some other groomers input - of all types of doggies, it is a cocer spanier and is going to be shaved down pretty close, but leaving a cute little mohaw on her head. Let me in on any secrets you may have!

have a good day...

If the dog is getting a 7 or shorter, I'd use a 7 reverse to set the straight line for the hawk. Blend with the 7 at the back of the neck. Use hairspray to spike it, using your slicker to brush it up. Then scissor trim it to cut the length.

zacs hair in kid stores works really good. Used it for our cattle when doing top lines. SOrt of like a mo hawk

I have found the mohawk looks better if you take it down the neck some. I also use hairspray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349300662.509135.jpg

Here is one out of many I have done, you can see how I took it down the neck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349300705.130270.jpg

This was a schnauzer I wish I would have taken it down the neck.

Also, on a cocker I have done a few too, make it skinnier, not wider, since their hair is thicker, etc. It will look better

I appreciate all of you!