Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It could be. If that is, it is a more mild case for sure as only one side of the tarsal pad is affected. It could also just be uneven wear from how he puts weight on his foot. Still could be uncomfortable, tho.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

My dog has this and I use refined coconut oil on the paws and within a couple of days the hard parts come off and underneath is soft and smooth. You need to maintain a regular schedule of oiling the paws. I've tried other oils but coconut oil works the fastest and even if the dog licks it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks I had a chance to try this and it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by vivilee View Post
    My dog has this and I use refined coconut oil on the paws and within a couple of days the hard parts come off and underneath is soft and smooth. You need to maintain a regular schedule of oiling the paws. I've tried other oils but coconut oil works the fastest and even if the dog licks it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I have the same problem with my husky. Not on her paws, but just her nose. I've been keeping it at bay with vitamin E, but being the worry wart I am over my girl, I am trying to find a way to really pin point the problem. Could this be a nutrient difficiancy like zinc, if so, how can I diagnose the problem. Could this very well be an issue with water intake due to hard water or heavy mineral content in the water. Or could this be a digestive problem from a possible immune issue.
    Sorry for all the questions,
    Just a worried dad over my big little 125lb baby
    Two Wolves

5. Huh Hyperkeratosis

Hyperkeratosis presents a disease that can affect both nose and paws. It occurs when a dogs body produces too much keratin. Keratin is a structural protein of everyone’s body and is meritorious for hair production. Hyperkeratosis is followed by ugly-looking crusts on a dog’s nose and hair on its paw pads.
    It’s highly advisable to take your dog to the vet from the first spotted symptoms of hyperkeratosis.
    For more information about Hyperkeratosis, I recommend reading the article https://flora4pets.com/blogs/news/hy...og-how-to-cure .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2