Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity36 View Post
    wow what a great tip! I have a shih tzu with the same problem and I am going to try this.

At first I just thought it was dirt around the nails.. but it seems to be in between the toes now as well.
    There is so much wisdom here!! Thank you all.

If this is for a client's dog and not one of your own I would have them (or you) check w/the vet and make sure that he approves of your using Head and Shoulders or Selsun Blue. I am pretty sure it wouldn't hurt the dog, but it's best to get vet okay since it's a medicated shampoo that's not marketed for pets.

I have several clients that bring me Selsun Blue to use on their dog because of vet recommend. It is old school, but it helps certain skin conditions.
    SheilaB from SC

Quote Originally Posted by Particentral View Post
    Selsun Blue and Head and shoulders BOTH have the same active ingredient of Zinc.
    Incorrect. Head & Shoulders active ingredient is pyrithione zinc. Selsun Blue active ingredient is selenium sulfide.

I think Selsun Salon has the pyrithione zinc. They are 2 or 3 formulations. You have to look carefully at the bottles. I know I had to do a switch once because I didn't look carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by 4them View Post
    I think Selsun Salon has the pyrithione zinc. They are 2 or 3 formulations. You have to look carefully at the bottles. I know I had to do a switch once because I didn't look carefully.
    Yep
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2