Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Animated Wink

I usually shave down with a 7f or a 10. I have done one in a 9 and 8.5, as well and a 5. They have all looked pretty good. As for their head it depends on the owner.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by doggydivas View Post
    Backbrush, backbrush, backbrush! And taking it slow with the blade, letting the clippers do all the work. Don't push down, if you do the dog will come out looking like corduroy pants! And slow, short strokes helps too! I am the golden/lab shavedown queen in my area! Apparently, people like the personality of the dogs around here but not the hair. Half the goldens and labs I do are shaved with a 7F. I feel I have perfected it! :: patting my own back::LOL Here is a picture of Oakley. One of the black labs I shave down.
    Oh, and if you do get clipper marks you can use the furminator or any other carding tool an remove some of the undercoat to make it lay better! It really does help!
    Wow he looks great! I have 3 to do today. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by mygirlgreta View Post
    I have a client that wants his Goldens shaved down for summer. What does everyone use and what is everyone's technique for doing this. How long do you leave the head? What do you use on the tail? THANKS!!
    NORMALLY if they want them lab short, I us a 7. I do a 7 skip before the bath quickly just do get the bulk of hair or so I don't waste my time washing and drying hair that is just going to come off. Then I use a 7F when the dog is all dry. I just go over the head and face with the 7 to blend it in, same with the legs, leave the tail because they look stupid with a shaved tail! I suppose if someone wanted to get rid of the fluffy tail you could just trim it but, but everyone has liked leaving the tail so far.

If they want the dog a little fluffier, I just use one of the shorter snap on combs, like 1/2" or so. Still get rid of the bulk of the hair before the bath the ndo the neat trim after.

Quote Originally Posted by mygirlgreta View Post
    I have a client that wants his Goldens shaved down for summer. What does everyone use and what is everyone's technique for doing this. How long do you leave the head? What do you use on the tail? THANKS!!
    I use a 7F on the body, head and ears and I trim my tail according to how the people want it, if they leafe it up to me I scissor it fairly short, so that is is in balance with my body,
    I like to take the head and ears the same so it doesn't look like it was forgotten, or that you placed the head back on after you shaved it.

I really like doing 0 combs on Goldens, but most of them are 7F a/o the head is blended down and the tail is trimmed to proportion. If they are doing longer then a 7F i dont shave the front legs but trim them very close.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3