PDA

View Full Version : My favorites...what are yours?

peeps
10-24-07, 05:14 PM
Here a few of my favorite products:

Hypo Shampoo: Espree hypoallergenic coconut shampoo

General Shampoo: #1 all systems super cleaning shampoo

For Dematting: Bark to Basics D-Matt with Chris Christensen ice on ice

For undercoat removal: Double K Refurbish with Chris Christensen ice on ice

What are some of your favorites?

Anyone have a favorite shampoo or product for the icky skin dog or the cockers that stink to high heaven? Or a favorite shampoo for those gross shih tzu faces?

Thanks for sharing!

Helly
10-24-07, 05:57 PM
Let's see.

My favorite hypo-a shampoo is also Espree. It's the only one I've used that actually cleans.

Living in a rural area, where most dogs come in masquerading as mud monsters, my usual go-to shampoo is Grimeinator. I also like it for those greasy Cockers, Beagles, and any other smooth coated dogs with greasy skin.

I like Davis Black Coat for black, brindle, blue, and (yes, you're reading this right) white dogs.

For stinky faces and ears, Golden neck funk, and smelly feet I love the Blueberry facial. Talk about getting out the stink!

My favorite for dematting is a combination of Tropiclean DMat and Davis Mat Out leave in spray. My regular Cocker clients with full legs no longer come in matted since I started spraying them liberally with Mat Out before brushing/drying.

I like ReFurbish for double coats, and also on short coated dogs like smooth Dachshunds and Dobes. It really make's 'em shine.

Minou
10-24-07, 06:21 PM
Minou

kayc
10-24-07, 07:00 PM
my favorite is oster, pet silk, tomlyn.

PAWS
10-24-07, 07:36 PM
Grimeinator, Eqyss Premier Creme Rinse/Microtek Shampoo/Survivor Detangler, Biogroom Ear Care/Ear Powder/Coat Polish, Coat Handler Skin Works, Les Poochs Degreaser and Davis Fluff Out...oh yes, and my new Les Poochs Mat Zapper...

bulldogmom
10-24-07, 07:51 PM
I like Grimenator for the dirty ones, Eqyss premier for most everything else, Stazko for poodles/bichones, blueberry facial (lavish kind) for faces. I also like Plum Silky sometimes. However, I'm new to many lines of shampoos... I just got my Isle of Dogs samples in the mail and my Show Season samples will be here tomorrow.

Sasha41
10-25-07, 05:36 AM
Let's see.

Living in a rural area, where most dogs come in masquerading as mud monsters, my usual go-to shampoo is Grimeinator. I also like it for those greasy Cockers, Beagles, and any other smooth coated dogs with greasy skin.

I made the recent mistake of using a really nice silky conditioner on a Yorkie! I'm learning so I guess I didn't realize, nor was I told, that Yorkie's are really greasy, even after being washed. My question to you is, can you use a conditioner on a greasy dog or none at all for those types?

terrimeyers
10-25-07, 08:08 AM
I love Tropiclean Peach Kava cologne, and their oatmeal shampoo (it smells like fresh squeezed orange juice), I wouldn't change them for anything!

spacy colors
10-25-07, 08:54 AM
I have 2 products that I use in almost every groom:

Bio-Groom "Mink Oil Spray" Fantastic for coats that need extra vitamins and a silky shine.

Spa "Fresh Facial Scrub"

Moonpiepoodlz
10-25-07, 10:09 AM
I like the Awapuhi from Tropiclean, Any cologne that smells coconutty, C & C on ice, buttercut blades, geib scissors, mat kind undercoat rakes, and my wahl chrominis.

FormalPoodle
10-25-07, 10:14 AM
Anything & everything EQyss or Chris Christensen, both blueberry facials, Spa Lavish products, Royal Treatment Exfoliating Almond Scrub, Les Poochs brushes, & my flat iron!

Michelle
10-25-07, 10:53 AM
Tropiclean Berry shampoo
Blueberry Facial
Tropiclean D-Mat
Groomers Whitening with EPO
Baby powder Cologne
Spa Lavish Vitamin Conditioner

SpikeyTheYorkie
10-29-07, 09:06 PM
Nature's Specialties Plum Silky for my all-purpose shampoo

Their Dirty Dog shampoo for the real dirty guys- then I follow with Plum Silky

Their Smelly Pet shampoo for those dogs with that "boarding dog smell" or "I've been swimming in the pond" smell.

I use their Sun Gaurd Conditioner to help de-shed and to protect the coat from sun damage.

I also use their Ear Cleaner, love the scent.

Tammy in Utah

spacy colors
10-31-07, 07:57 AM
Are there any products any of you would recommend not using. They just don't work, your allergic or what-ever?

FormalPoodle
10-31-07, 09:37 AM
Are there any products any of you would recommend not using. They just don't work, your allergic or what-ever?

There are plenty of products I've used and either didn't like or hated them even, but I don't want to be a "basher." It could be something as simple as a difference in water quality or maybe I was having a bad day when I tried it. I dunno, but you will see a pattern with all the products we RAVE about! Some products are awesome no matter what!