PDA

View Full Version : Andis AGP clippers

ColleenT
01-25-14, 11:30 AM
I am not a groomer, but i groom my 2 Powder Puff Chinese Cresteds. I have had an Andis AGP clipper for 5 yrs or so, i have many blades, mostly 10's. I swap them out if they get too hot. I have tried to make sure to keep the blade assembly working, and I have a few replacements for that in my drawer. Recently, my Clippers were acting weird, kind of jerky. I changed the blade assembly and they kept doing it. changed the blade, they kept doing it. i think it may be the motor? Or something. I did buy a replacement set of clippers, the same ones. But i want to know if it is worth it to get these fixed and keep them as a spare. Has anyone had their clippers fixed and are they ever as good or better than originally? Or is it a waste of money?

Bluedog
01-25-14, 12:00 PM
It could be the hinge on the clipper, that part that the blade slides on to. If so, it's like a $10 part. Worth a try!

northerntailssharpening
01-25-14, 02:23 PM
Check the hinge screws and see if they loosened up. If they move at all that could be the problem. Also check to see if that little hook on the end of the latch (thing you press up to take the blade off) is still there. If its broke off the blades wont say on and do weird things.
Hinge is a $10 part, and the latch is a $5.00 part. I have videos on my website that shows how to replace both yourself. Wont have to send the clipper out, and I can send you the parts.

You can do this, its easy....

-------------------------------------------
Jeff Andrews
Northern Tails Sharpening, Inc
Mobile, Alabama
Groomer/Shop Owner
251-232-5353
www.northerntails.com
jeff@northerntails.com
"You NOW Have A Better Choice"

“A certified Sharkfin and 44/20 sharpening service”
**We sell Diamond Carbide Nail Grinding Wheels**

ColleenT
01-27-14, 12:43 PM
ok thanks, i will check it when i get a few.

Particentral
01-27-14, 05:59 PM
Anytime my clippers did that it was the cord. YES its worth sending them in for servicing.

northerntailssharpening
01-27-14, 08:09 PM
Its The cord. I missed where she said it was "jerky".

Simple fix if you want to send it

Jeff Andrews
Mobile, Alabama
Groomer/Shop Owner
251-232-5353
www.northerntails.com
jeff@northerntails.com

northerntailssharpening
01-28-14, 10:09 AM
You can also change the cord yourself, its pretty easy. If you dont want to do it in fears you will screw it up, have a boyfriend or husband do it for you.

You just take the body apart (4 screws), and you see how the cord fits in there. Take a very small flathead screwdriver and unscrew the cord from the switch. Put the new cord in the same way you took the old one out.

You can order cords from Ryans Pet, Pet edge, Groomers Choice, just to name a few.

The big thing is getting the correct cord, even though you have a AGP, it takes an AGC cord. Several models take that cord. Instead of ordering it by the model of clipper you have, order it with the part number. Otherwise they will send you the wrong cord most times.

Here is the part number Andis #64250

Cant go wrong now. If you order a cord, order a blade drive and change it as well Andis # S20651. I have a video on my website that will show you how to change the blade drive. Since you've had that clipper 5 years I know its time to change it. The video is called "How to change the blade drive on an Andis AGC clipper" Your model changes it the same way.

Hope this helps

Jeff Andrews
Mobile, Alabama
Groomer/Shop Owner
251-232-5353
www.northerntails.com
jeff@northerntails.com

LuvLeeloo
01-28-14, 03:13 PM
I have had problems with my cord before. It sort of starts sputtering and when you wiggle the cord at the base it will turn on and off. I've replaced it once before about two years ago and I just ordered a new cord to fix the same problem. It's like a $10 part. Totally worth the trouble.