PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite oatmeal shampoo

happy trails
06-04-07, 08:50 PM
So far Stazkos oatmeal is my favorite I was wondering if maybe theres something better that I haven't tried yet.I don't care for the Davis oatmeal it seems to leave a residue.A lot of my clients request a oatmeal bath so I need start buying it by the gallon.Stazko a little on the pricey side but I do like it.

neanea
06-05-07, 04:17 AM
Earth Bath Oatmeal and Aloe! It rinses so easily and is very gentle on my hands. Resonably priced too :)

razzle1127
06-05-07, 05:33 AM
i like kelco's Oats fur Coats shampoo. it smells really good and rinses clean. i also use it on my horses.

GriffonsMOM
06-05-07, 07:37 AM
I'm a Staz fan for the last two years!!! but I used to use AmazOats by spectrum labs that was a pretty good oatmeal shampoo but since I found the Staz at the groom classic two years ago it's all I've used.

Briarpatch
06-05-07, 07:48 AM
EZ groom has one I really like. It smells good too!

dkw27
06-05-07, 08:19 AM
Tropiclean Oatmeal Tea Tree with Aloe...Rinses easily, leaves coat shiny and soft, plus clients love how it doesn't upset their dogs sensative skin...

milhasavilla
06-05-07, 09:58 AM

I second that! It has helped numerous dogs of clients who had tried other shampoo's but after using EZ Groom's oatmeal will use nothing else.

watt-a-dog
06-05-07, 11:22 AM
its a toss up between Showseasons Oatmeal,, & Kelcos OatsFur.. well, im using the Showseasons now so that mighta won by a hairsbreath.. but I love the Oatsfur smell.. Yum.. good
enough to eat...

Oh yeah and they both work wonderfully, leave the coats lovely & soft...

baddog
06-05-07, 03:06 PM
i like kelco's Oats fur Coats shampoo. it smells really good and rinses clean. i also use it on my horses.

I agree, smells so good I want to eat it!

Oatmella by groomers edge is a close 2nd.

Allan
06-05-07, 04:51 PM
No "Ifs,ands,buts,nors,ors,neither,nots or doubts"about it..........
Bio-Groom Oatmeal.

happy trails
06-05-07, 05:52 PM

Thanks what catalog is it in?

hairdevil
06-05-07, 05:56 PM
the best I've tried so far is the Spa Lavish Comfort Shampoo! coconut and oatmeal! it leaves their coats unbelievably shiny, soft, clean, and smells absolutely wonderful!! I loveee these products!!! And the colognes are just as nice! light scent and clean smelling. My customers have noticed and they love it!

Pawshpooch
06-05-07, 06:11 PM
Oatmella by groomers edge is a close 2nd.

Ditto, I like the smell of it!!

pugnacious
06-05-07, 07:49 PM
SAL groomer oatmeal is really great also. My supplier has said that it has the highest oatmeal content of the major brands. Less expensive than some and has all the shiny, conditioning, clean rinsing properties of the very expensive brands.

Poodle Mom
04-30-08, 11:03 PM
My favorite is Natures Specialties Oatmeal. I love the smell and leaves the dog's fresh and clean.

luvpups
04-30-08, 11:52 PM
Ditto, I like the smell of it!!

I like it too, smells like gum to me, I'm weird. Too thick for my liking though, tough to rinse.

Groomer Girl
05-01-08, 12:15 AM
I also like Natures Specialties oatmeal. I really like thier oatmeal conditioner for old dogs with really dry skin, also smells wonderful.

SiberianLover
05-01-08, 05:39 PM
I like the Oatmella and the EZ Groom, but did you know that EZ Groom makes an Oatmeal Conditioner as well?? :)

doggydivas
05-01-08, 06:56 PM
Oats Fur Coats by Kelco! I think the smell is OK (I don't like food smelling shampoos) if you like your dog to smell like a Ginger Snap. I LOVE the way it cleans though.

baddog
05-01-08, 07:42 PM

Ditto, makes me hungry though!

diemonster
05-02-08, 01:13 PM
Is it just me, or is this thread hilarious? Everyone has their own favorite (with a few duplicates). It'd be fun to have a huge shampoo competition.. where 15 different types of water are used with 15 different brands of shampoo (all the same "variety".. like oatmeal), on 15 different types of breeds.. and see if there is a clear, hands down winner :) Then we could all just buy stock (both on the shelf and certificates) in that company.. and we'd all be rich! hehe

Aussheplady
05-02-08, 03:47 PM
I prefer EZ Groom for an oatmeal shampoo. It is for dogs ONLY though as it also contains essential oils and cats don't do well with those.

Sadly, the line is only sold directly by EZ Groom and not offered in any catalogs that I know of.

dodger
05-02-08, 04:39 PM
Well when I've tried it, I didn't feel it cleaned well, and it seperated. So havn't gotten it again. If I need to remoisterize I have a gallon of mixed Coat Handler, one cup, added to a gallon of water that I can after bath rinse and leave in. Works well. It can also be added to bath water for the same reason and to help with loosening matted, shedding coat.

SpikeyTheYorkie
05-02-08, 09:48 PM
Colloidal oatmeal, or just oatmeal?

For "Just oatmeal," then I like the SMELL of the Fresh n' Clean it is to die for, but I don't think it really helped the skin at all.

For Colloidal oatmeal, I'd say Nature's Specialties. I am not sure about the smell. It's very sweet, but I think it smells better when the dog dries, then I really do like it.

Tammy in Utah

Tat2DGroomer
05-02-08, 10:58 PM
we are using Desert Sudz Raspberry Oatmeal at the shop right now and having really great luck with it.. it smells wonderful and rinses clean

Pounce
05-05-08, 06:02 AM
Show Seasons Oatmeal! It smells great and works very well.

olive
05-05-08, 09:15 AM
I use Bio Grooms Oatmeal, but I'm getting tried of the smell. I find it too musky or something. But it does work well. I used Kelcos in school and loved the smell. I really want to stick to one product line but I'm having a hard time finding a good all over brand thats not too expensive(cheaper than Natures Specialties).

alispalis
05-05-08, 10:38 PM
natures specialties oatmeal

Helly
05-06-08, 06:19 AM
We used to use Nature's Specialties at the kennel. I didn't mind the smell, but I was disgusted by the layer of oatmeal sludge in the bottom of the bottle. It doesn't stay in suspension, and it's all but impossible to shake that whole bottle of shampoo well enough to get it mixed back in. It also made me wonder if that same sludge was causing a build-up on the coat.

CAAW
05-07-08, 05:14 AM
Fresh n clean oatmeal DOES smell awesome! I used that on my own dogs just for the smell! They definitely need a cologne!! I'm a fabric softener nut too so.. ;)
Bio groom oatmeal also smelled great.
We don't actually use any oatmeal, we use the EQyss Mecrotek instead. We used to use Tropiclean's oatmeal and did see some fairly good results.
Several people have told us the microtek shampoo works great.... We just got the spray too..
We tried the EZ Groom oatmeal shampoo... don't really remember anything about it though, we use some of their shampoos.
Oh, I personally love the Spa Comfort shampoo! I use it on my dog all the time. I don't see it actually helping skin though.
Well I guess diet is usually the best change for a skin problem anyway! Half the time...

CockerPoodleDoo
05-07-08, 06:25 AM
natures specialty and earth bath are my favorites but i get the natures specialty because its easier to order

mijothewonderdog
05-07-08, 07:28 AM
Espree has a great Oatmeal shampoo! It seems to work well and easily rinses out. I would highly recomend it.