PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're Addicted to GroomerTALK When...

Admin
04-02-08, 11:53 AM
Your dog waits for you to get your first 25 posts so you can be Puppy Level.

Admin
04-02-08, 11:56 AM
You go out to dinner and take the laptop and mobile air card, and ask for a bigger table, remove the extra place settings, and setup your workstation while your friends and family wonder why you have to be online during dinner with them.

Moderators understand.

Pegroomer
04-02-08, 02:57 PM
...out to dinner with you? Aw, Stephen, that's so sweet!
Peg

k9krazy_2050
04-02-08, 03:03 PM
and use their screen name instead!

- k9krazy_2050 (Mark)

Moonpiepoodlz
04-02-08, 03:37 PM
You can't wait to get to work the next day so you can try out the latest shortcut, tip, whatever it may be.

You go home and the first thing you do is sign on!!! (I've been getting in trouble for this one)

batherbitch615
04-02-08, 05:36 PM
You can't wait to get to work the next day so you can try out the latest shortcut, tip, whatever it may be.

You go home and the first thing you do is sign on!!! (I've been getting in trouble for this one)

DITTO!!

doggydivas
04-02-08, 09:09 PM
You count down the seconds until the family goes to bed so you can have non-judgemental quality time with your fellow groomers......
also,
When the only topic of conversation you have to add to the dinner table is what you learned on "the message board" today!

scullysmom
04-02-08, 09:19 PM
When Your modem goes down, and you juggle letting dogs in and out, playing with baby, feeding baby, watching sesame street and dancing with baby (multiple times) all while on the line to India for five hours. P.S. My computer is supposedly broken, let me on for some reason. Oh and the guy from India, although he did not fix whatever was going on then, was extremely nice and patient. Yes this was today, yes I still didn't smoke!!

SpikeyTheYorkie
04-02-08, 09:30 PM
When you submit over 5,000 posts and the Webmaster sends you a gift basket with goodies in it for you AND your dog, lol. :: whistling innocently ::

When you talk about your "Friend" so-in-so from this website with another person and realize, privately, that the person you are talking to would think you were whacko if they knew this "friend" was actually someone you've never met face to face! Done that a few times!

Tammy in Utah

ejmj30
04-02-08, 10:00 PM
When you call it "my board" and everyone you're talking to, even non groomers, know what you're talking about.

When my butt bones start to ache from sitting on them so long reading and chatting.

When my eyes feel fuzzy every night after hours of staring at the screen! PG.com has to have a health plan for those of us who are going to go blind because of YOU!! Thanks a lot!! lol ;)

....and....the clincher.....

When you prop your 10 wk old's bottle so you can continue to read ALL the new posts you've missed since 30 mins ago. (I'd NEVER do this, but a friend of mine has told me she does it; it's sad, poor girl)

RevWind
04-02-08, 10:25 PM
When you genuinely injure your pinkie from resting your chin on it for hours a night reading the board :)

When you feel out of place and isolated from the world and your friends when chat access goes out for a few weeks (months?). BOY was that a hard and lonely time.

When you have NO idea what's going on in the world because the normal person's alloted TV time is my message board time.

hairdevil
04-02-08, 11:10 PM
you know you're addicted when your desk is no longer visible for all the glasses, papers, notes, coffee cups...etc...
when your last weeks laundry is still sitting there ....waitn...
when all your chores are left undone...
when your lights go out cause you forgot to pay them..cause you spend all your time chat'n...
when you call a friend to ask about any new posts? LOL guilty!!

I Care
04-03-08, 05:17 AM
at my full time job (non-grooming) and I'm log on to the board more than doing my work :-0

Mr.Terrier
04-03-08, 09:45 AM
You know you're addicted when you sign on your computer and the page automatically pops up!!!

I believe this was just an AOL or computer glitch of some sort because it's happened to me since with other pages, but when it happened the first time with PG.com, all I could do is bust out laughing!

Moonpiepoodlz
04-03-08, 09:47 AM
When you read all these responses and realize each one of them is you--except for the goodie box--I haven't gotten to 5,000 posts yet!

How sad and pathetic are we. You'd think we didn't have a life outside of the building we work in and the box that we stare at for hours on end talking with friends who are sometimes people we haven't met!!

Nettie906
04-03-08, 12:17 PM
When you hear your dogs let out a collective sigh...you turn around from the computer screen, and their all giving you the stink eye!
Geez, who needs a man!

Annette

stacie-gotg
04-03-08, 01:12 PM
When you cant decide to go into chat to talk to Helly and Spike or read just one more post.

doggroomer123
04-06-08, 03:15 PM

im with you on that one!

Poodle Mom
04-06-08, 05:49 PM
When I finally had to hire a housekeeper because my housework wasn't getting done. (finally worked) LOL!!!

When my husband comes home and the first thing he says is "How are the boards?"

When I turn from my computer and all my poodles are looking at me like "Hello aren't you done already? I need my cookies."

When I check the boards after I do dinner, dishes, laundry, work, playing with the dogs, watching a movie or or ect, ect,................ a 100 times a day!!!! LOL!!!

GriffonsMOM
04-22-08, 02:17 PM
You know your addicted when your home computer crashes and you are too busy at work to log on for a few weeks to a month and you feel a HUGE hole in your routine!!

When you've not posted something in while , you get private emails from a few wondering if something serious has happened and if your ok.

When you plan your "adult" time around preplanned chat sessions. (only when you finally make it in to the chat room , a lot of the chatters had already left)

When you pass on a night of margaritas with REAL people to hang with "the girls on the board"

and my boyfriends absolute fav......

I say "I'll call ya later tonight" when we talk at lunch ...He calls a hours later saying.."unplug that darn computer!!"

Moonpiepoodlz
04-22-08, 04:37 PM
When you stay up way past your bedtime to chat with the girls
When you're in the chatroom so long that you're "kicked off" while admin does some work!

I don't stay up late for just anybody and NEVER that late!!

GriffonsMOM
04-22-08, 06:46 PM
When you're in the chatroom so long that you're "kicked off" while admin does some work!

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Oh poor Stephen ...What we put him through.

Maybe WE should all send HIM a goody basket??? I'll pack in the case of NoDoze LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

AuntieBeth
04-22-08, 08:38 PM
more time reading and chatting than doing call backs for the next few days... oops!

Moonpiepoodlz
04-22-08, 08:52 PM
This is hubby's complaint right now:

When I spend so much time on the addiction during work hours that I don't do any grooming. . . .
Okay then so how do the dogs get groomed when he didn't groom them??

luvpups
04-22-08, 08:56 PM
#1. When you have read all the posts, and when you are done you go right back to new posts to see if there are any more....20 times in a row!

#2. When you really think you have a bad addiction....and need help to get off the boards, serious help! LOL

SpriteyStace
04-22-08, 09:57 PM
I am not even a groomer and I come across this site about a month ago and I am addicting to reading it constantly!
I have a 14 week old cockapoo and I was trying to get grooming picture ideas to give my groomer and when I googled this is one of the sites and I have to sign up to even look at the pics...and I have never left since then. I can't wait to get home etc just to read the new post and am constantly with my laptop in my lap while watching TV and refreshing to see if there are any new post! haha
And obvisously this is my 1st post beacuse I only READ! lol since I am not a groomer! I am sadddd! lol

Stacy

SpikeyTheYorkie
04-22-08, 10:06 PM
I am not even a groomer and I come across this site about a month ago and I am addicting to reading it constantly!
I have a 14 week old cockapoo and I was trying to get grooming picture ideas to give my groomer and when I googled this is one of the sites and I have to sign up to even look at the pics...and I have never left since then. I can't wait to get home etc just to read the new post and am constantly with my laptop in my lap while watching TV and refreshing to see if there are any new post! haha
And obvisously this is my 1st post beacuse I only READ! lol since I am not a groomer! I am sadddd! lol

Stacy

But your groomer is OOOOOH so lucky! You'll be able to empathize with her when she says, "I'm sorry, your dog is matted!" and wont accuse her of being lazy for shaving it down! :D

Seriously, this will help you see the "other side of the scissors."

Welcome to "our world!"

Tammy in Utah

Arrooh
04-22-08, 10:11 PM
I think my most difficult sumnation of the addiction is when I really want to join Chat, but want to read posts. I try to scan through post first, cause they'll all get past me if I don't, but then since I'm in CA I then am ready for chat and poof they're all gone. But if I got into chat first I'd have been in there till way late and miss catching up with posts. I think that's pretty cool, a non-groomer having fun knowing us.

I know I'm addicted when I come home, turn on the computer after howdy's to my dogs and check it before other needs, including the "restroom".

Moonpiepoodlz
04-22-08, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=luvpups;145832]#1. When you have read all the posts, and when you are done you go right back to new posts to see if there are any more....20 times in a row!

How sad are we???!!
I do this at least 10 times a day

SpriteyStace
04-22-08, 10:24 PM
Well since reading so much I constantly brush my Ollie boy to keep him from getting matted! The horror stories I have read on here has scared me! I could never be a groomer!

But your groomer is OOOOOH so lucky! You'll be able to empathize with her when she says, "I'm sorry, your dog is matted!" and wont accuse her of being lazy for shaving it down! :D

Seriously, this will help you see the "other side of the scissors."

Welcome to "our world!"

Tammy in Utah

luvpups
04-22-08, 10:44 PM
Well since reading so much I constantly brush my Ollie boy to keep him from getting matted! The horror stories I have read on here has scared me! I could never be a groomer!

Oh, maybe I should try that, brushing my poodle. Wait...then I could not type. Nice try anyway. Look I am still here. ROFLMAO Spritey- does'nt it make you want to be a groomer? LOL

Moonpiepoodlz
04-22-08, 10:45 PM
From all of us groomers, THANK YOU!! At least you know what we groomers go through some days when clients bring in a matted pet.

You are a groomer, you're a home groomer

igruum4fun
04-23-08, 04:16 PM
When u burn your cassarole, even though the oven is only 10 feet from u,and u know it was ready 20 min ago, because you can't stop reading the new post. My name is Angela and I am totally strung out on "GroomerTalk"! I'm just so greatful to have someplace to learn and share , who cares if it cost me a cassarole!!

Tat2DGroomer
04-24-08, 07:37 PM

LOLOL Well Shawn... hmmmm I guess I am in the doghouse with you on that one... since it was you and I tearin up chat the other nite til the wee hours <efg>

doggroomer123
04-25-08, 07:10 PM
You know you're addicted when you sign on your computer and the page automatically pops up!!!

I believe this was just an AOL or computer glitch of some sort because it's happened to me since with other pages, but when it happened the first time with PG.com, all I could do is bust out laughing!

this happens to me too! when i type in www. the rest fills in itself. LOL

pugnacious
04-25-08, 09:27 PM

When you're wishing you could make this phantom "Glitch" a permanent reality !! LOL

When you realize that you probably CAN make PetGroomer. Com your HOME page and log back in to make this addition!

So, that IS possible isn't it, Stephen?! LOL

Poodleluv
10-14-09, 08:10 PM
You have to be in the breed ring 11:00 Friday a:m in a town several hours drive away. Your poodle is still completly NOT done out. The house is NOT cleaned yet. Just remembered I have to work a half day tomorrow. Have no idea what to find in the closet,as I have gained a ...few...o.k. 10! lbs since last show. Have to watch America's top Model at 8:00 of course. Have to colour my hair sometime as I look more silver-beige than the darn poodle. ARRRRgghh This is all p.g. groomer forum's fault!

Smart-n-Pretty
10-14-09, 10:43 PM
When you read the entire thread all the way through like I just did and catch yourself going, "THAT"S me...THAT'S me...THAT'S me..."

KatyKat
10-19-09, 01:51 PM
Still counting towards my first 25 so that I CAN chat all night long LOL

Stephen: There is another chat room at eGroomer that doesn't require 25 posts, but you may have to encourage people to meet you at a certain time. We have another chat feature coming here on this board too.

KatyKat
10-19-09, 03:41 PM
Cool and I think this make my 25th post YEAHHHHH

DutchGroomer
10-21-09, 01:27 PM
Yep I'm also thinking...that's me...that's me whaha

One time I got so tired watching the screen I fell with my head on the laptop (shame on me).