PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Allergies

TAILSRWAGON
03-22-08, 03:49 PM
After reading a bunch of posts on how much people loved Double K Grimeinator I got a sample of it at the Pac NW grooming show.
I diluted it today in my mixing bottle and used it on a cocker mix.
Man, I thought I would die from the smell. It is so potent, I sneezed for about 15 minutes.
Here it is now 6 hours later and I have washed 4 dogs since and I still can't get that smell out of my nose. I can even smell it on my hands.
My allergies are on overload.
Needless to say I probably will not be using this shampoo.

workingchihuahua
03-22-08, 04:14 PM
I had almost the same reaction to it.

wet noze
03-22-08, 06:41 PM
I agree. That shampoo has a very strong odor. It works great on dirty dogs but it's not for everybody. I can only handle it in small doses.

kellic
03-22-08, 07:07 PM
What does it smell like? Just curious. I am really sensitive to smelly shampoos. Unless it smells like fruit, then I can handle it.

keyray
03-23-08, 10:52 AM
How interesting! I use Grimeinator. But with my allergies my sense of smell is really muted. I can't say it smells any stronger than any other shampoo.

I can't use anything with Tea Tree Oil in it. If I don't get it completely washed off I will get a rash. One time some got trapped under my watch band. I had a band shaped rash for a week or so.

Helly
03-24-08, 08:20 AM
Fragrance is such a subjective thing. I know some people don't care for the scent of Grimeinator, others are allergic to it. Personally, I like it a lot better than the smell of filthy dogs who played in the barnyard, lol.

On the other hand, there are lots of people who love the scent of lavender, and it just about knocks me out. It reminds me of those deodorant cakes they put in latrines. Lavender scented shampoos smell like outhouses to me. Ick.