PDA

View Full Version : tearless shampoo

mobil 1
02-05-07, 08:03 PM
Does anybody knows a good tearless shampoo?

furrybestjob
02-06-07, 04:53 AM
I really like Kelco Hypo. It's tearless and smells really nice. I also really like the Davis Mfg. tearless shampoo.

k9stylist1968
02-06-07, 05:00 AM
Show Season's True Tearless works very well and has absolutely NO dyes or perfumes...

mobil 1
02-06-07, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info!

Arrooh
02-06-07, 10:09 AM
EZ-Groom's Ultra Cleaning Premium Shampoo is tearless and hypo-allergenic. I have accidently gotten shampoo in a dogs eyes or mine, and no reactions at all. I love it.

Helly
02-06-07, 05:00 PM
At the risk of repeating myself, do not trust tearless or hypo allergenic shampoos not to damage eyes. In sensitive individuals they can still cause corneal burns or ulcerations. The dog won't feel it, but the damage is done, just the same.

Use protective eye drops.

pamperedpups
02-06-07, 06:34 PM
Edited.

Gracy Rose
02-10-07, 04:18 PM
I agree with Helly. Espree has a Puppy that they GUARANTEE won't burn or irritate the most sensitive eyes.

I use the Blueberry facial shampoo it is tear free but I still use eye drops.

In Animal Science we had to view eys that had Cornea;burns after doing a spin and it resembles a rug burn.

pawpleasers
08-17-07, 06:15 PM
I have used eye lube but it makes the hair around the eyes greasy.

wet noze
08-17-07, 07:21 PM
I use the Davis Tearless. Smells just like the baby shampoo we all know and love. I dilute it 8:1 and use it on doggy faces being extremely careful near the eyes. It also works well when I scrub around the ears as sometimes that area can be greasy.

redbird
08-18-07, 02:01 AM
I like the Quadroped tearless. Pretty much all I use on faces, puppies, and kitties.

Smells nice and actually cleans well. Never a problem with it.

Helly
08-18-07, 06:27 PM
I have used eye lube but it makes the hair around the eyes greasy.

The usual cause of greasy hair around the eyes is using too much. I use ophthalmic grade mineral oil, one drop in each eye. I've never had a problem with oily, greasy hair around the eyes even before I bathe the dog. Certainly not after.

RevWind
08-19-07, 09:04 AM
The usual cause of greasy hair around the eyes is using too much. I use ophthalmic grade mineral oil, one drop in each eye. I've never had a problem with oily, greasy hair around the eyes even before I bathe the dog. Certainly not after.

Where do you get that stuff Helly?