PDA

View Full Version : using after bath and results rinse

RevWind
02-29-08, 05:08 PM
So as a mobile, time is everything and I'd assume most true conditioners would add to drying time. Everyone raves about CC's Afterbath and Sh Szn's Results Rinse, but is there still a benefit of some conditioners over them? Granted, the Natural Groomer Vita-silk conditioner works nicely in blowing out mats and undercoat (quite impressed by my sample of it actually), but it's heavy and adds to drying time, I think.

I read the little sample of RR today and it said, "shampoo,rinse, apply RR, rinse, shampoo, rinse. Shouldn't it be the final rinse? Or at least the final application before the final rinse? Why shampoo with something else afterwards? Wouldn't that negate the affect of the RR?
Is the Afterbath the same way?
I'm so confused. Too many choices in shampoos and conditioners!
dg where's that shampoo class?????

bulldogmom
02-29-08, 06:57 PM
I use RR as a final rinse... I don't remember it saying you have to shampoo again, but I don't have the bottle here so I can't be sure. It works great to prepare the coat for scissoring the way I use it, but I wouldn't use it to replace conditioner on dogs that need it. I only use it on dogs I scissor and/or fluff dry. I think afterbath has more conditioning, send bbird a message... She knows for sure!

Fur Elite
02-29-08, 07:30 PM
I apply the results rinse as a final rinse using the super sudser.

azoci
02-29-08, 07:36 PM
Emailed BBird on that one...you just use it in one of the rinses, and then you can do a leave-in as the final rinse... same as with CC AB.

I find that my drying time is decreased with either AB or RR.

I did out a Canaan and a Canaan mix (sort or looked like a white GSD or maybe a Siberian (she talked like one LOL)...in just over 2 hours with a de-shed on the Canaan... Now that's pretty good, since I don't have a k92, and this was done with my Kool Dry...
Oh, yeah...she was suppose to be an albino....hummmmmdon't think so...blue eyes and a hint of cream on her ear edges.....interesting though.
www.pamsbubblemobile.com

borzoimom
02-29-08, 08:23 PM
My sample bottles of RR also said to re-shampoo and rinse AFTER already applying and rinsing the RR. I called Show Seasons about it and was told that was a misprint on those bottles. You do not re-shampoo after the RR. It is a great product.

Lisa

RevWind
02-29-08, 08:29 PM
Emailed BBird on that one...you just use it in one of the rinses, and then you can do a leave-in as the final rinse... same as with CC AB.

I find that my drying time is decreased with either AB or RR.

I did out a Canaan and a Canaan mix (sort or looked like a white GSD or maybe a Siberian (she talked like one LOL)...in just over 2 hours with a de-shed on the Canaan... Now that's pretty good, since I don't have a k92, and this was done with my Kool Dry...
Oh, yeah...she was suppose to be an albino....hummmmmdon't think so...blue eyes and a hint of cream on her ear edges.....interesting though.
www.pamsbubblemobile.com

Final rinse, meaning, you use it and leave it? Or do you rinse the AB and RR out too, just in the final step?
Leave-in, like in a leave-in conditioner? The only one I know if is the Natures Specialties. . I've used that a few times. If the RR and AB are for scissoring, why'd you use it on the Cannans? I scissor finish every dog I groom. Should I use it on all my dogs then? This whole shampoo/conditioner and who gets what and when thing is so confusing. Maybe I'll "get it" in a few years...

Helly
02-29-08, 08:38 PM
www.pamsbubblemobile.com

There are different types of albinism, and she very well could be an albino. Albinism is very complicated. Albino Dobermans, for example, do have blue eyes, pinkish noses, and aren't really white. They're more of a pale yellow or gray color. But they're albinos, just the same.

http://whitedobes.doberinfo.com/

Newer information shows that albino Dobermans are tyrosinase positive, so it is now suggested that there is another gene sequence that is responsible for the type of albanism that affects Dobes.

http://www.ashgi.org/articles/color_implications.htm

I've read in many places that true, complete albinism, with total lack of pigment resulting in pink skin, white hair, red eyes, isn't known to exist in dogs.

azoci
02-29-08, 09:57 PM
for every dog. It still sets the coat up nice , and it helps to make my drying faster. Yes, I use a leave In conditioner...Abracadabra from Ryan's. Been using the stuff for so long, I wouldn't be without it! Just call me weird, I guess. LOL

Helly, OK, then that might explain this dog...she very well could be albino...here are a couple of pics...(sorry for the messy background)
www.pamsbubblemobile.com

Smart-n-Pretty
03-02-08, 06:33 PM
There are different types of albinism, and she very well could be an albino. Albinism is very complicated. Albino Dobermans, for example, do have blue eyes, pinkish noses, and aren't really white. They're more of a pale yellow or gray color. But they're albinos, just the same.

http://whitedobes.doberinfo.com/

Newer information shows that albino Dobermans are tyrosinase positive, so it is now suggested that there is another gene sequence that is responsible for the type of albanism that affects Dobes.

http://www.ashgi.org/articles/color_implications.htm

I've read in many places that true, complete albinism, with total lack of pigment resulting in pink skin, white hair, red eyes, isn't known to exist in dogs.

I've seen only one albino Sheltie in my life. His name was "Edgar" and he had white fur, pink eyes and a pink nose. He was also deaf and blind, but, I have no clue if the genetic traits wre related to his "disabilities". I never saw another albino dog.

Helly
03-02-08, 07:21 PM
Pam, coloring wise she reminds me a lot of an albino Dobe we had in rescue last year. So she just might be. He was a nut, I hope she was easier to deal with, lol.

GriffonsMOM
03-21-08, 07:38 PM
ok , I'm not going to pretend that I'm totally knowledgeable on this topic , but it is my understanding that the After Bath helps to neutralize any Shampoo residue,ease in brush out and does not coat the hair in anytype of silicone or anything else. It does not change the texture of any coat type either. (hence making wiry coats softer or soft coats wiry).
I have recently turned my salon over to ALL CC products. I've loved them so much on my standard poodle that I became a dealer so I could stock my back bar products and turn the retail products into almost entirely CC products. I've not noticed any extra length in drying time on any of my dogs and every one of them is rinsed in the after bath. (and I LOVE the smell) I also have noticed that a combination of the after bath final rinse and the Ice on Ice detangle spray helps to dematt a dog easier and faster than anything I've used up to this point.

I've not used the RR so cannot give my opinion on that but I have not been let down by my CC products yet!!