PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Clipper Vacs - I know NOTHING about them

PoodlePrimper
01-21-08, 04:49 PM
I really want to get one. I just wanted some input from the pro's :0) Whats good, bad, quiet, breaks...whatever info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Arrooh
01-21-08, 08:35 PM
I love my Taxi Vac. I love that I can adjust it from miniscule suction all the way through high suction. I use it high on shaving a Pug to get those hairs standing for the clipper. I use it low going down the back of a teensy Maltese. I love the lack of hair and hair splinters. I love the evenness of the trim, not needing to go over and over. A little known help is one can not quite touch say a sensitive rear end leaving it close but not causing itchiness.

Many are just as pleased with Romani's. I wouldn't want to groom without one for sure.

azoci
01-21-08, 09:17 PM
I have 2 Romani...one is my portable Tote... and the one in my mobile is bigger (because I had it) when we converted the unit.

I've used one for many years now, and it's very hard for me not to use one...the reason I have the Tote, as a back up if my big one goes down, or if I am traveling to shops as an IC (which I do every so often as back-up or fill in)

the Romani comes with a DVD which is a big help for new CV uses. I have a friend that just got a Taxi, I let her borrow my DVD, but she still is having issues...So one of these days, I'll make a run over and give her a day long lesson! I guess one of the issues is that you have to decide to use it. For my girlfriend, it's a health issues...she just has to get confident with it.

Sometimes it takes a little time, and other time groomers can jsut pick one up and off they go no problems.

www.pamsbubblemobile.com
www.wagroomers.com

wet noze
01-22-08, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE=Arrooh;115608]I love my Taxi Vac. I love that I can adjust it from miniscule suction all the way through high suction. I use it high on shaving a Pug to get those hairs standing for the clipper. I use it low going down the back of a teensy Maltese. I love the lack of hair and hair splinters. I love the evenness of the trim, not needing to go over and over. A little known help is one can not quite touch say a sensitive rear end leaving it close but not causing itchiness.

I have a Taxi Vac in my van and I love it. The only thing I can add is it's very easy to clean. All you have to do is open a clip, the bottom opens and the hair falls into a garbage bag.

stormy hill
01-24-08, 02:47 AM
I really want to get one. I just wanted some input from the pro's :0) Whats good, bad, quiet, breaks...whatever info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I have been useing my clippervac for 17 yrs. I bought only the tote as that was all I could afford. I don't mind emptying it after four dogs or so. I have never had any trouble with it. The only problem is replaceing the hose. After so long use it starts ripping. I don't like the plastic hoses. I also have the boxed air force blower made my clippervac. I love it! Iv'e had it for about twelve years and haven't done a thing to it!. I groom 8 to 15 dogs a day five days aweek. Well worth the money.