PDA

View Full Version : spa package

petpalswi
01-21-08, 11:35 AM
I want to offer a spa package to my list of services. a previous shop I worked at offered 'the package' which included hypo shampoo, remoisturizer and teeth brushing as an add on to a regular groom. I would like some ideas to expand on this. I do offer teeth brushing for an extra cost but I'm sure it could be considered a spa service. also, I use whatever shampoo is needed for the dog, I only charge extra for flea shampoo and only if they are repeat offenders. this is because I give the clients information to remedy the flea situation, if they dont follow through and I continue to put my self, my shop and other clients at risk when they come in they should pay for it. also I do do some sort of conditioner on almost every dog, in the tub, or leave on spray. so that is my dilemma. any ideas will be appreciated. thanks.

brenda

mylady
01-21-08, 12:11 PM
You could offer a blueberry facial with the spa package and nail grinding. I've seen tropiclean also has like a paw wash or something specifically for the feet that sounds very "spa"-ish. Perhaps some carding on the coat. Carding is great on so many dogs. I always card out a dog I've clipped, like the back of a schnauzer or cocker as it helps to reduce the risk of them getting oily. When the coat is clipped it interferes with the shedding process. The coat doesn't shed like it normally would and the pores can get clogged with oil. I'm tired so I apologize if I'm not explaining it well. Carding can help to get out the extra coat that the clippers wouldn't take out that needs to be removed to keep the skin healthy. So I card a lot of dogs, for even just a few minutes.
If the spa package is an additional fee you could consider a "free gift" and stock up on some inexpensive toys. I often see the plush dog toys for as little as $.69 per toy. Might be a fun bonus for the clients! You know like when you go to the perfume counter or makeup counters at department stores many times they offer a "free gift" with purchase of something else.

CountryCanines
01-21-08, 02:22 PM
I love the free gift idea for puppy packages!!!!!!!

GSDluvR
01-21-08, 02:43 PM
Hi, I think the spa package is a great idea! I have a similar situation to yours and have been trying to come up with a whole package idea for around 10-15 extra added on to the groom or bath price. I do most of the same things you mentioned with your dogs, so to just add a special shampoo and conditoner doesn't mean very much. I have thought about doing toothbrushing and the nail dremeling, and thought about nail painting, but they would have to have clean feet or very short hair. What about paw wax? I see you're in WI (I'm from Green Bay, GO Packers!) so I would think it'd be nice protection for their paws against the ice. What area of WI are you in?
Karey

petpalswi
01-22-08, 06:03 AM
I do use the blueberry facial, and I love the paw-dicure idea. thanks bunches. oh, Im in Racine.

brenda

PPotier1
01-22-08, 04:22 PM
adding nail paint and/or something else....

CAAW
01-22-08, 06:34 PM
We're having troubles putting a spa package together. We have the shampoos from Spa Lavish, the colognes, the paw bubble bath, and the facial scrub... But how do you put it in a package to make people WANT it??
And the other thing is, I've been using the colognes on regular grooms... Just because I like the smell.... Why would people pay more just to get a certain scent?! lol.
And also, I'd like to do a facial type thing for ALL dogs, to seem us seem... more special, than regular places, you know? So then how do you charge for that, if you're doing it on all dogs? We're getting info on the original blue berry facial from southbark, but for now it's spa lavish.... Maybe use the Blueberry on all dogs, and use the Lavish as an add on??
So, maybe a Paw, Pawticure package, the bubble bath, nail grinding, and paw wax?? We're in MI, so that could be helpful...
But how do you fit the shampoos in?
I'd appreciate the input!

Jengroomer
01-22-08, 06:51 PM
We offer Spa Packages (you can see them on my site) I bought the Spa Lavish package where you get the sign and the poster/counter sign & brochures. I offered it for half price in Christmas cards in 06 and people love it! Those that get it, get it every time!
Nice when you can groom a 10lb papillon with very little hair for over $50 because they added the Ultimate Spa!

darbygoo
01-22-08, 07:07 PM
I am in Wisconsin too. I have a Spa package as an add on and you can get services ala carte. I include:
Focal Point Massage
Hydrotherapy
Pawdicure Package-Peppermint foot bath with Reflexology Session, hydration pad balm, filing of nails and nail polish or nail gel to strenghten the nail.
Toothbrushing with Breth Freshing Gel and a Dental Bone
Aromatherapy 3 different types to choose from
Facial-Lemon
Spring water

We include premium shampoos and condioner with ultravitalizing mist in our grooming prices.

petpalswi
01-22-08, 07:20 PM
I am in Wisconsin too. I have a Spa package as an add on and you can get services ala carte. I include:
Focal Point Massage
Hydrotherapy
Pawdicure Package-Peppermint foot bath with Reflexology Session, hydration pad balm, filing of nails and nail polish or nail gel to strenghten the nail.
Toothbrushing with Breth Freshing Gel and a Dental Bone
Aromatherapy 3 different types to choose from
Facial-Lemon
Spring water

We include premium shampoos and condioner with ultravitalizing mist in our grooming prices.

hi darby. its brenda!

CairnLuver
03-01-08, 03:12 PM
Hey Brenda, it was nice chatting with you the other day