Huh Cat Dog Lost by Groomer Found Injured in Ditch

https://abc7chicago.com/pets-animals...ditch/4853449/

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- A Fayetteville woman is relieved to have her dog home after she said a groomer lost the Maltese Shih Tzu mix.

Addrienne Vanover told ABC11 that she took her dog, Ellie, to South Paw Pet Grooming for a routine wash and trim on Wednesday morning.

Several hours after she dropped the pet off to her appointment, Vanover said her husband received a call requesting he come in. Upon his arrival, he was told Ellie had been missing for two hours........................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Wow! Groom shop needs to step up for those vet bills!!!!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Wow! Groom shop needs to step up for those vet bills!!!!
    Uh yes they do! That's pretty unethical to me. Also (yes I watch way too much ID channel) but in a ditch, covered in leaves? Sure the dog COULD have dug under the leaves, but with a broken pelvis? I mean, possible, but kind of suspicious, too. And 2 hours? The dog was missing for 2 hours??
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

That is terrible and good thing they are sorry. Now, they need to pay the vet bills since they lost the dog. I'm really curious how they lost the dog. Back door? Open crate?

And like I said in reply to Cyn's post.. I'm kind of suspicious that the dog was covered in leaves.. so did it dig in? Was it purposefully covered?

Very scary really. I know lots of us have gates that the dogs can't get out the front. I don't, but a dog is not even allowed out of the crate until the owner walks in my salon.

Honestly, I kind of don't get it. If you've ever had a small child let go of your hand and run out into a parking lot, maybe you won't get it. But hey, I've had my own dogs run off. I hate chasing a dog, so if that happens, that dog is then extra trained for recall and wait.

I have a family member who is dumb and her kids have run out into the street and the dogs usually escape at least twice a year. See, if that were me, the dogs would be trained.

I mean, if I ran a day care, there would be security doors, alarms, cameras... double doors, whatever it takes to keep a child in. Same if I had a large salon. Gates, doors, etc. Dogs in my care are not allowed to leave until they have a leash on them. If the customer tells me the dog will be fine, I still suggest the dog is leashed until they get to the car.

Lots of questions to this. Very sad.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Yes, this is very sad. Thank God they found the dog. Supposedly, he got out under the fence on a potty break. They should've made sure the fence was dog proof for even the smallest dog. I have a home biz now, and even tho I have a huge yard fenced in chain link, no client is allowed to run free unless the owner is there. Too many places a tiny dog could go under. I used a small ex pen if I had a dog who needed to go out, or, I took them on a leash. Someone wasn't watching this dog. An, "I'm sorry" isn't enough. The negligent shop should cover the vet charges for sure.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I am sure Judge Judy would have the groomer pay.

It's been really windy up here in OH, so maybe as the dog was lying in the ditch, the wind blew leaves over her....it didn't say how many leaves, so maybe the press mentioned the leaves to give the story a more sympathetic approach.....like someone was trying to bury the dog.....which doesn't make a "hill of sense" since the dog was most likely hit by a car or train.

Happy being found

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

If that dog was hit by a car by any fault of groomer safety you know who is responsible.

I would definitely pay the bills and think of my business operation and reputation knowing that I made up for it.

This is why I don't do potty breaks. (the only time I do is if the dog started to have diarrhea in my shop, and then the dog is taken out on a slip lead that will tighten if the dog pulls away, into my fenced in back yard, only has happened once in the year I've been at my home shop).
    The shop should be paying for vet expenses. Owner should have been called almost immediately, not 2 hours later. Dog would be much more likely to go to the owner.

If I had a place of my own, no grooming dog given potty walk would ever be off leash. even in a fenced yard.

My sister is a paralegal of 30 years and she said that would be an easy judgment. The business owner is responsible to return a dog or cat animal in nothing less than the same condition than when it came in.