Jiggy Bather positions for mobile groomers

When I park my mobile in a spot like the farmer's market this past summer, I could use a bather all day. I am considering that next year. But in regular operations I see jobs for bathers by some mobile employers. Do they send out a bather for dogs that just need baths? No styling? I could see that but what if they have more than one dog and one needs styling? Anyone do this?

I know of several mobile groomers who take along bathers but not send them out alone. My mobile business is probably 95% haircuts or some type of tidying, be it feet, fanny, eyes. It would not make sense for me to hire a bather to work alone. I could not give them enough work.

Tom is the groomer then paid less percentage and the bather gets the difference?

I have heard few different ways of paying a bather. Either lower groomer pay or groomer compensates bather on their own if they are not an actual employee. Some are not paid and are apprentices to the groomer who is teaching them to groom.

I dont find it useful unless you have like a wagn tails elite which has lots of space and 2 work tables. In a normal van or trailer you are limited with space and have 1 table. Bather would have to do everything in the tub. I have had my groomers take bathers on their own and found it made them work slower due to talking and goofing off throughout the day. It was more companionship than work efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    I have heard few different ways of paying a bather. Either lower groomer pay or groomer compensates bather on their own if they are not an actual employee. Some are not paid and are apprentices to the groomer who is teaching them to groom.

I dont find it useful unless you have like a wagn tails elite which has lots of space and 2 work tables. In a normal van or trailer you are limited with space and have 1 table. Bather would have to do everything in the tub. I have had my groomers take bathers on their own and found it made them work slower due to talking and goofing off throughout the day. It was more companionship than work efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I agree Tom. I think it is a good training oppty as you say. Seems like most of my bath dogs only have a full service companion so sending out a bather only is a real limitation.

It is hard to see the benefit unless we were parked somewhere doing several pets brought to us. If we were serving an apartment building maybe. I do have some days were I park at a large apt complex and a trailer park and do 4 customers at each. Sure then having a bather would great.