Default woofgang bakery firanchises

We are getting one in our area. They open about 1 new location or 2 every month. Has anyone visited one? I see they are going to add vets to a location soon. They do grooming I guess. I saw help wanted ad here in my area so must be coming soon.

Yeah they hire illegal ICs for groomers who have to buy their own supplies but they schedule and charge for grooming. How they get away with it is a mystery.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The one by me has a full time groomer that they pay hourly. The business provides the product and does all the maintaining of equipment. That’s this one. The owner is a good business person having run other types of stores. Does this out of love her own pets. Has a great rep in the community and within the pet profession. Only issue I have is that they allow and promote NADs without a vets supervision.

We have one here on the Island. The original franchise owner was always trying to turn us into the town for anything he could: a dog statue by our front door, two poodle topiaries in our planters. We would see him drive by taking pics. We tried working with them before they offered grooming. Before they opened he came into our boutique and product/priced shop. Said he was going to open a deli next to us. When they opened I went in to introduce myself and there he stood. I didn't mention that I recognized him and asked if they planned to offer grooming. He said no so we would send clients there for items I didn't carry, to help my cleints. Then he started trying to steal our cleints. Obvisouly we quit sending cleints there for food and other items we didn't carry. Then one night they moved out of that space. Suddenly there was a new owner, new location. Haven't met him. I hear he is nice. They offer a cheaper service than us, but we haven't lost much to them and have gotten many of the ones we did initially back. They have thier cleints and we have ours. I know that one of my former part time groomers is there on Saturdays now. She wouldn't sign a non-compete (she was offering in home grooming and seemed to be trying to get some of my cleints to move over to her). So we amicably went our seperate ways.

So i would say it depends on the owner. I know of a few other around here have closed.

It sure does depend upon the owner based on what I read here.

We have one and they pay hourly. Just one groomer.

This is a surreal kinda question. Does a pet bakery that has grooming drive the dogs wild smelling all the goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Wigginz View Post
    This is a surreal kinda question. Does a pet bakery that has grooming drive the dogs wild smelling all the goodies?
    No actual baking on premise. Just a fancy name for high end treats, collars/ leashes and clothes in one spot. Again, each owner has some say in what they sstock and how they operate

They used to bake them on site. However, I think when they added grooming I believe that changed. Kinda lost the appeal of a fresh "bakery" to me.

This is a franchise, am I correct. Then I would assume all locations should run the same, including how they pay groomers. I know for a fact the location here has a 1099 groomer who has to buy and supply their own supplies and equipment. I don't know how the corporate office doesn't know what's going on with their nationwide locations.

Franchise laws have broken down a lot. You cannot tell franchisees many things like this any more. My sister owns a franchise and about 20 of them broke off legally after telling them who they have to hire like positions when they found it better to operate differently. Franchise lost badly and it is a big name one. But of course some things are strict but not WHO they have to hire, what type people, how to pay them, what benefits to offer. Nope. Interesting huh.