Default Bark Collars Recommendation

Which of these shock collars for dogs that I've found online would you recommend? I have noticed that Copper is having some barking issues lately, I don't know what triggers it. My neighbor just recently told me that my dog is too noisy. Please help me out. Also, is it safe to buy from this online shop? Are there any other options to get rid of this behavior

I would never recommend a shock collar. If I were to use a bark collar, it would be a citrus spray one. You need to figure out why your dog is barking and what he's barking at and go from there. I had a schnauzer client once who was a very nice dog to groom. His owners decided to put a shock collar on him. The next time he came in for grooming, he was a totally different dog. He was nervous and afraid of everything. The poor dog didn't know why he was being shocked. It made him afraid. Not all dogs react this way, but I don't think it's worth finding out if yours might. There are times when I want my dog to bark.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

First, I would install a camera and see how much and at what he is actually barking at. Is he REALLY barking ďAll day long?!Ē

I say this because I have a neighbor that has a screw loose. To make a long story short, she came pounding on my door about 6pm one night. I had just gotten home from work and had turned my dog loose in the kennel for 10 minutes. During that 10 minutes she did bark at a squirrel
    The neighbor was screaming bloody murder that my dog has been barking ALL DAY LONG.
    Um...Not possibly. She comes to work with me every day. Everyday for the last 3 years.

Soooo....get a camera and first find out the facts. Then letís go from there.

You could teach the quiet command. I did that with a lab that was quite vocal. I don't have neighbors so if a dog barks in the forest can anyone hear them? YES YES THEY CAN!!!! That dog once, she was soo verbal hahahaha.. and naughty. If you told her "no" she went off and told you off back. One time, serious as a heartachoke, I timed her, she barked at me for 20 min. (seriously I love that dog)

But her disrespectful barking was out of control. I can't remember how I did it, but I taught her the "quiet" command. I mean it was slow going at first until she got it. As soon as she shut her mouth, it was "good quiet" and a cookie was given. Chomp chomp.. "good quiet." When she got it down, it was kind of funny, she'd start going off.. and I'd give her that "quiet" command and you could see her practically quivering for the release word lol.. so she could bark again. But she got it.

Poms are barkers. I love Poms don't get me wrong! I love grooming them. But they are barkers. They never bark if I'm in the same room. I think they are very people oriented. You might try a sonic barker thing? Some look like bird houses. They might work. But if he's barking when you aren't there.. it's going to be more of a challenge. You might crate him. Take him to training. I've heard that if you say wear a t-shirt.. I don't know a couple of days?? and tie it to the outside of the door, it might create a sense you are still there?? Or at least he can smell you? TV on? Radio?? Ear plugs for your neighbor??

I think he's too small for a shock collar. I'd try the anti barking devices first, the quiet command, a crate, tv, training. Maybe last resort a citronella collar? I was going to use a shock collar for the dog above.. but I tried it on my thigh first and tossed a $100 collar in the trash.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    First, I would install a camera and see how much and at what he is actually barking at. Is he REALLY barking ďAll day long?!Ē

I say this because I have a neighbor that has a screw loose. To make a long story short, she came pounding on my door about 6pm one night. I had just gotten home from work and had turned my dog loose in the kennel for 10 minutes. During that 10 minutes she did bark at a squirrel
    The neighbor was screaming bloody murder that my dog has been barking ALL DAY LONG.
    Um...Not possibly. She comes to work with me every day. Everyday for the last 3 years.

Soooo....get a camera and first find out the facts. Then letís go from there.
    That happened to me. A neighbor called me one night while we were at the movies.. how she got my cell phone is a mystery.. but she started in on me.. she went off.. cursing, screaming.. my dogs were barking bloody mad and she was going to call the police. Well.. first I do have surveillance cameras, second that weekend, we had house guests who opted to stay home and my house guest was a dog trainer. I called my house guest and she said.. "Dogs are inside sleeping." The police did come to my house a couple of days later and I explained the situation, pointed where she lived (2 blocks away), explained how things echo weird, said I had house guests that evening who had the dogs inside... then asked if they wanted to see the vid surveillance of that night of my dogs NOT barking??
    Debbie

Oh yes.. Costco sells a small camera for indoor use by Panasonic that is just brilliant! Easy to hook up and use. The quality is great, the sound is good. It's about $80. I bought one for my salon. I can put a chip in it and record a grooming session. But that might be a brilliant way to keep track of just how much he's barking.
    Debbie