Smile Electric or Hydraulic?

Hi there!

I am in the market for a new grooming table. I am a new groomer and I have never had either an electric or hydraulic. What works best? I know both of them are a little pricey but I want to make the best investment even if I have to pay a little more. Do you have a particular brand you use?

Thanks in advance!!!

I prefer electric tables just for the ease of raising and lowering so you don't have to pump your leg all day. There are too many to choose from and wide price ranges. I love my Shoreline tables but are very expensive. I look for tables with sealed tops, not the kind with rubber non slip mat glued to the top. Table top dimensions are important, do you want a longer table or shorter. In mobile we only have 36" long but I like 42" in my shop for more room to work.

If you do big dogs, go for the bigger top and electric.

If you only do small and med dogs, I prefer a hydraulic (in case power goes out) if you do large dogs a electric is a must have.
    I like Comfort Groom tables, good tables in mid price range and they ship free.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

I prefer electric for the same reason as Tom. Don't feel like pumping to raise or lower a dog.

Prefer hydraulic because the power fluctuations can be an issue around here. N

My first table was a sweet, old hydraulic that swiveled! Great for small dogs. But since I plan on having big dogs even if I quit grooming I got an electric table that is pretty large. My only complaint, but I don't think they are made any more is the bottom goes all the way around on the ground. Hard to describe, but I can't get my feet under the table and it is not great for my back. Just make sure they have a good warranty and the bottom has room to put your feet! My electric table goes low, so my Labs can just jump onto the table as do the big dogs I do.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I agree too with Tom and Cockerlvr but Cyn makes a good point. I got tired of pumping all the time, and we have a backup generator.