Default Lithium ion batteries

Has anyone noticed that their batteries don't hold the charge as long as new. Anyone know where you find out more. I know you cannot recharge forever but how long do you expect the life? Just curious and not finding info easily, thanks everyone.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

I got some new Chromados not 6 months ago with the lithium battery and they are awful. They make all sorts of weird noises and speed up and slow down. They also make this annoying beeping sound all the time, like something is just off with them. I have ended up just plugging them into the cord and using them corded. But I'm about ready to run them over with my car. I honestly expected a good couple of years out of them. My first Bravuras lasted several years. My first Chromados the same. My second Bravuras and Chromados, I got a year out of them. And that was even sending them to Wahl for service.

I don't know if the companies will give any information on battery life. Did you google lithium batteries and long life? I'll do it. But I wonder if this will be more anecdotal? Like we'll have to share stories?
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I have researched it before and found that I occasionally have to drain the battery to almost dead to ‘reset’ the amount of charge it takes. My Bravura and Chromado instructions say to oil the blades and when it makes a beep to remove the hair from them. It also says to be sure to always remove and replace the blades at the same length setting. I learned from Andis with my rechargeables that I needed to clean the charge ports off. But lithium ion batteries lives are not forever. Although I would think it would last longer than a year. Sounds like you may have gotten a lemon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by katscleancutdogs View Post
    I have researched it before and found that I occasionally have to drain the battery to almost dead to ‘reset’ the amount of charge it takes. My Bravura and Chromado instructions say to oil the blades and when it makes a beep to remove the hair from them. It also says to be sure to always remove and replace the blades at the same length setting. I learned from Andis with my rechargeables that I needed to clean the charge ports off. But lithium ion batteries lives are not forever. Although I would think it would last longer than a year. Sounds like you may have gotten a lemon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think I have a lemon as well. I've changed blades, run them down... and they still make this annoying beeping sound after about 2 min. Even plugged in!
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    I think I have a lemon as well. I've changed blades, run them down... and they still make this annoying beeping sound after about 2 min. Even plugged in!
    Have you put grease in notch on back of blade?
    As for my answer to OP, all my lithium battery things I have (and hubby's too) are several years old, so I don't know hiw the newer lithium batteries are preforming.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Have you put grease in notch on back of blade?
    As for my answer to OP, all my lithium battery things I have (and hubby's too) are several years old, so I don't know hiw the newer lithium batteries are preforming.
    Uhhhhhh.... well..... why no! I shall do that tomorrow! Interestingly the original red grease looks like rust that has blown all over the place.
    Debbie

Just like a cell phone, once they get older, they don't hold a charge as long and drain down quicker. And I'm sure cell phone batteries are way more advanced than a clipper lithium battery. I know the companies spec sheets account for X number of charge cycles. I bought a replacement L Ion battery for my Bravura from groomers choice and thought that would solve my problem with the motor slowing down and speeding up, but it did not help. I wound up buying a new Bravura which by comparison is running at full speed. It was not a battery problem.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    Uhhhhhh.... well..... why no! I shall do that tomorrow! Interestingly the original red grease looks like rust that has blown all over the place.
    Lol, that is why they are making the beeping sound. It just takes a lil bit of grease.....wipe off all the red grease that has splattered, that is common.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Just like a cell phone, once they get older, they don't hold a charge as long and drain down quicker. And I'm sure cell phone batteries are way more advanced than a clipper lithium battery. I know the companies spec sheets account for X number of charge cycles. I bought a replacement L Ion battery for my Bravura from groomers choice and thought that would solve my problem with the motor slowing down and speeding up, but it did not help. I wound up buying a new Bravura which by comparison is running at full speed. It was not a battery problem.
    Thanks for sharing Tom, that's really interesting.