Default Reasons not to shave a cat. NCGIA handout

NCGIA has a handout for members. It is new, I think. Explains why shaving is not right for all cats. Yay!
    Personally, I feel it is crucial to the growth and reputation of grooming that we move away from processes with a higher risk to the pet such as shaves, toward lowest risk grooms. With the number of pets growing fast, and strengthening economy, grooming should be growing at an explosive pace, but we are not! Again, just my opinion, but I think we could all be rich as well as loving our pet clients, if only public perception was more positive. We are such caring people. It is a shame that a few bad apples get so much attention.
    (Yes, some cats must be shaved.)

What do you think of their crispy legs I read today?

Quote Originally Posted by violet2 View Post
    What do you think of their crispy legs I read today?
    I no longer do lion cuts, but she is always very good at systematizing and summarizing. I don't think people in the U.S. are as focused on straight lines in a lion cut, since focus is often just on getting it done at all, but I bet it is very important for international clients like people from China and the Arab Emirates. The crisp lines make the lion cut look more expensive and high class, in my opinion, which can be very important to some clients.