Animated Wink Article on Dryer Seizures

Debi's article in PetGroomer.com Magazine on Dryer Seizures can be read at this link: https://issuu.com/petgroomer/docs/pg...24272/60376751

Read online, page 18.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Does anyone know if being in a smaller contained mobile vs a big drying room make any difference to seizures? Could the sound be more intense inside a mobile?

I haven't done any research on that. But. I think on most cases (not all) the warm air is the worst trigger. Sound is definitely an issue for some. But an informal survey on my FB group showed every brand of dryer including a stand dryer and just being in the room with the dryer on ate capable of producing the reaction. Worst seizure I evet witnessed the dog was in the room when the dryer cut off, not even bathed yet. He now gers an Express service where mom bathes and dried him at home and I do him on days we are closed.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Good article Parti.

Agree good article Particentral.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

It's one I am really proud of. I have a new update coming on something new that is helping these dogs in the shop...hopefully it will be ready this evening.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Particentral View Post
    It's one I am really proud of. I have a new update coming on something new that is helping these dogs in the shop...hopefully it will be ready this evening.
    Oh good! I had a Pom today that was just iffy regarding the dryer. She simply hates being HV'd and after all this talk I decided to dry her with the stand dryer. She calmed down and it all went rather well.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.