Agree Keeping the clients you buy a business

This was a great week. I have said before I kept all but a few of the mobile clientele of the business I bought. I think it was 4 or 5 that cancelled without explanation and so they were gone. But THREE this week called back after like 12 weeks and said we need a groom. I can work them in but am going to have a quick check in with them that I am doing this a favor pretty much.

So for those of you that say you cannot keep most customers that is not true. But I agree you are right too. So any that might follow in my footsteps do what I did. I worked several weeks as the replacement groomer for the woman that sold me her business. They got used to me and so the new ownership was a no thing.

That was ingenious way to take over and buy a business. Never heard that before. I suppose when one buys a shop you might make a deal like this. Rather than the owner staying for transition for 2 weeks, make it weeks and weeks.

Agree I never thought of the way you worked extra days there running it and then bought it. Really ingenious.

This was a gift of an idea for all of us groomers how to sell a mobile business. Seriously.