Default 3 Persians. Owner doesn't brush. Other questions.

I helped out an owner by grooming her cats in a way that at least gave them basic care. Charged flat hourly rate, instead of charging per cat. Did not bathe kitties, because that would mean price would have to go up. It was more important to keep her on an affordable monthly schedule so they were free of mats. She has money struggles, but purchased a purebred puppy to add to her cats and dog, so it is partly her decisions that hurt her I guess, not that it is any of my business. She cancelled the monthly appointment due to veterinary expense, then didnt respond when I sent her a sympathetic email asking if she wants to schedule in the future. She does tip generously. Sweet cats.
    She just emailed asking for an appointment. Her cats will be a disaster, poor babies, as it has been 4 months.
    How can I inspire her to learn to trim her cat's claws and brush them thoroughly? I am thinking of charging her double for this visit, which she may not be able to afford.
    I like grooming her cats, and despite her wackiness, I like her, but I do not want to undervalue my service. Also, I do not want to be pulled into her financial issues, as that is her personal life.
    Ideas?

Offer her the "Lion Cut" which usually is good for 3 months of matt free fur. If she is not interested, then just demat with the clippers......it will be choppy looking, but matt free. I would charge your normal fees......since she doesn't seem to mind the expense of a pure breed puppy.

Happy convincing her

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    Offer her the "Lion Cut" which usually is good for 3 months of matt free fur. If she is not interested, then just demat with the clippers......it will be choppy looking, but matt free. I would charge your normal fees......since she doesn't seem to mind the expense of a pure breed puppy.

Happy convincing her

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
    Makes sense. Thank you.