Default best clipper for novice?

Hello! Friends, Im trying to select a great cat grooming electrical clipper for my wife. She doesn't have with them yet, although she has great experience with cats. We have 11 cats, most of them short fur, but we have 2 that are long hair (one of which we usually have a lion cut done by the pet shop groomer), which we want to focus on. Which clipper you recommend? Can I get the best model, made for PROs or should I get a simpler one? From what I researched, a professional one is ideal, as it is more silent, long lasting, quality, etc.

Ive seen brands such as Wahl, Andis and Oster as the top ones... Have been recommended the Wahl pro km10, andis agc...

Thanks!
    Rob

If your cats are not matted, the Bravura clippers are a good choice. Cat groomers like them because they are wuiet and do not vibrate much.
    If your cats are matted, or have very thick fur, another clipper such as km10 might be better than the Bravura.
    Yes, get professional clippers.
    Most of all, be aware of how thin cat skin can be. It is very easy to cut the skin. Cats generally will not react when nicked, so you may not even rralize that you cut them. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    If your cats are not matted, the Bravura clippers are a good choice. Cat groomers like them because they are wuiet and do not vibrate much.
    If your cats are matted, or have very thick fur, another clipper such as km10 might be better than the Bravura.
    Yes, get professional clippers.
    Most of all, be aware of how thin cat skin can be. It is very easy to cut the skin. Cats generally will not react when nicked, so you may not even rralize that you cut them. Good luck!
    Hi, Emma!

Thanks a lot for replying. No, they're not matted, but those 2 long hair cats do have relatively thick fur.

So which one you think is best?

Thanks!
    Rob

Jmo, but I recommend buying her the professional Andis AG-2 Speed clipper. It comes with a #10 blade. Most of us learned with this clipper at grooming school because they are a sealed housing, low maintenance, quiet clipper. Quiet for cats is a good thing. The #10 blade is super short (1/16 of an inch), but is the safest to use directly on cat skin to avoid nicking, especially if she has not done this herself before. Once nicked, cat skin proceeds to split apart like tissue paper. �� Of course your cat will look like it just came back from basic training at Parris Island, so you might also purchase her a set of metal comb attachments for a longer clip, but then you will also need a #30 blade to go under them (because the #10 will get bogged down with hair). Look at how good I am at spending your money! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wild4westies View Post
    Jmo, but I recommend buying her the professional Andis AG-2 Speed clipper. It comes with a #10 blade. Most of us learned with this clipper at grooming school because they are a sealed housing, low maintenance, quiet clipper. Quiet for cats is a good thing. The #10 blade is super short (1/16 of an inch), but is the safest to use directly on cat skin to avoid nicking, especially if she has not done this herself before. Once nicked, cat skin proceeds to split apart like tissue paper. �� Of course your cat will look like it just came back from basic training at Parris Island, so you might also purchase her a set of metal comb attachments for a longer clip, but then you will also need a #30 blade to go under them (because the #10 will get bogged down with hair). Look at how good I am at spending your money! Lol.
    Thanks!! Hehe ) Interesting, the Andis folks replied promptly to me on Facebook as I questioned them. The pricing on their site is so much expensive, like US$ 270, but they tell you to check in other shops. At amazon its like US$ 160.

The thing is, they recommended me, since my main goal are the 2 long haired cats, to get the extra blades and theyre quite expensive... see http://bit.ly/AndisCatBlade

id need all these blades? Which one youd recommend? My budget was more on the range of US$ 160, US$ 180... Perhaps Ill start with the #10 blade, to learn, it can do a good job on long hair also, right?

I saw on a site about best clippers, that Wahl Professional ARCO Cordless Clipper Kit is really good for long hair. It costs US$ 120 and comes with 5 in 1 blade. I guess the Andis must be better? I imagine the ones with 5 in 1 blade are not as good as buying blades separately? Wahl also has the more expensive ones with just 1 blade and buy blades separately, from what I see.

The Wahl Bravura, which Emma recommended, I imagine its a more superior model made by Wahl, correct? Again its comes with 5 in 1 blade...

For example, for a lion cut, what blade is mostly used? Just #10? or other ones?

I guess Ill decide between the Bravura and the Andis... I saw other brands such as Oster, but I guess Ill stick to one of the 2, which were more recommended to me, the Wahl Bravura (or the Wahl pro cordless clipper) or the Andis.

Any last tips are welcomed!!

Sorry for so much info.

Regards,
    Rob

I got feedback from Andis and Wahl. Andis recommended this same model Agc2 And they mentioned the specific cat blades, since it seems the blade that comes with is is more aimed at dogs or larger animals. They explained that the blades are related to how short I want to leave fur. I dont know, I guess the blade 10 that comes with it is fine for me. Wife does wanna attempt a lion cut for one of the long haired cats but usually just trim down, because of hot weather and very bit tangles one sometimes has.

Wahl mentioned the km2, km5, km10... They recommended, for medium to fine hair, the #10 blade set... and for matted areas or quote, blade #7f...

Since my cats are mostly short hair, 2 long haired but not matted, I guess #10 will do, right?

If so, it would be a matter now of choosing between the Andis and the Bravura

Both same price, US$ 160

Difference really is Bravura has 5 in 1 blade and Andis has just the #10 blade. A colleague recommended Wahl Professional ARCO Cordless Clipper for long haired cats, but it seems Bravura is a newer model, they seem similar...

The Wahl km10 on the other hand costs US$ 200 and comes with #10 blade. What is cool on this device is it has 5 year warranty

I think the Bravura might be my choice... Is the 5 in 1 blade really good also for cats, etc? Id have more options than the Andis which comes with #10 only... Any comments, appreciated

Thanks,
    Rob

Really inclined to get the Bravura. From what I read here on the forum, etc., it really seems like a clipper many people love, easier to manage, silent, etc. and very good price, of course, cheaper than km10, etc. Since most my cats are short hair and only 2 long hair (non-matted), I believe it will do good.

Question, I do like the fact Andis has specific cat blades, but from what I understood, these are more rgarding how much fur I want to cut, correct? For example, if one does a lion cut, several cat blades with different sizes are used or not necessarily? Anyways, Andis only has

1 more question, only Andis has cat specific blades? Does it really make a difference? the Wahl Bravura and Km10 #10 blade differs so much from the Andis specific cat one? Downside is I have to buy clipper from Andis and yet 50 more bucks on a blade for cats...

Thanks!
    Rob

Thanks for everyone's help! I ended up getting a Bravura, even Wahl recommended it to me, seems people love it and will be great for a newbie, slides better when grooming, etc. good for newbie.