Default Update on offering monthly housecall claw trims for club members

I began a small experiment. "Club" members get a big discount on pre scheduled visits within 4 weeks. They do not pre pay.
    Result: 4 new clients wanted monthly claw visits.
    Am I making more money on claws? Can not tell, because I do not know how much they would have spent without the offer. The discount may have been too large, so if I do this formally, I will change that. I do use the visits as a chance to low-key suggest other services.
    Upside: I like having pre booked visits. The fee is still more than salons and clinics charge. Helps me get to know the cat. Educates owners to think monthly maintenance is normal and healthy.

Hey Emma. I meant to responde to your last request on added services.
    I don’t know if this will work, just an idea.

For various reasons I was watching a documentary on YouTube about New York City dog walkers
    (I love watching the dog walkers in New York when I visit the city. They are just fascinating)

Anyway, in the documentary, over and over, the dog owners said they liked the fact that their dogs were exercised and they could just come home from a long day of work and enjoy their dog.

So my thought was, could you offer cat visiting and litter box cleaning to your services? I hear over and over again how much people dislike cleaning the cat box. This would be a service they might like and then the owner can come home and just ‘enjoy their cat’.
    Add a little play time to the service and then start offering the nail trims and baths as you become a valuable part of their cats day.

I will confess, I used to be one of those “cats wash themselves” people. Then I got an Exotic Shorthair. It only took ONE bath for me to see the light and realized how nice it was to have a clean cat. I bathed her monthly after that for the rest of her life.

So, I’m thinking, the litter box will get you in the house. Toss in a free bath after a month and you’ve got them hooked. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Hey Emma. I meant to responde to your last request on added services.
    I don’t know if this will work, just an idea.

For various reasons I was watching a documentary on YouTube about New York City dog walkers
    (I love watching the dog walkers in New York when I visit the city. They are just fascinating)

Anyway, in the documentary, over and over, the dog owners said they liked the fact that their dogs were exercised and they could just come home from a long day of work and enjoy their dog.

So my thought was, could you offer cat visiting and litter box cleaning to your services? I hear over and over again how much people dislike cleaning the cat box. This would be a service they might like and then the owner can come home and just ‘enjoy their cat’.
    Add a little play time to the service and then start offering the nail trims and baths as you become a valuable part of their cats day.

I will confess, I used to be one of those “cats wash themselves” people. Then I got an Exotic Shorthair. It only took ONE bath for me to see the light and realized how nice it was to have a clean cat. I bathed her monthly after that for the rest of her life.

So, I’m thinking, the litter box will get you in the house. Toss in a free bath after a month and you’ve got them hooked. Just a thought.
    What an interesting idea! Thank you. I will think about this.