Default If your a/c goes down,

My a/c went down last spring (its hit or miss sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't )and I worked most of the summer with box fans and using the a/c from my cab by leaving the door open. I never worked in the hottest part of the day though. Then I made another change and took off the door to the cab off and set the box fan on the armrests in front of the cab a/c and blowing into the grooming station. What a difference!! So if you lose a/c or don't have good a/c in the rear try this until you get what you want working.

It's not that I am against paying for the a/c to be repaired or replaced it's that I can never find anybody to do repairs and maintenance of many things.

I would have replaced it immediately. They are not very expensive. By taking your door off now allows blowing hair to mess up the cab area and you have to keep your van running the whole time.

Honestly, if you want to be a mobile groomer, you have to understand the cost of doing business and need to account for repairs. We make enough money to handle these things.

I was just offering a McGyver if one's a/c goes out until it can be repaired or replaced which I said in my post.

"If I want to be a mobile groomer" ? I am a mobile groomer. I just try different things so when bad things happen I don't fall apart. I also said I would repair or replace but can't find anybody. What kind of company do you call to replace or repair your a/c?

Quote Originally Posted by lillypeanut View Post
    I was just offering a McGyver if one's a/c goes out until it can be repaired or replaced which I said in my post.

"If I want to be a mobile groomer" ? I am a mobile groomer. I just try different things so when bad things happen I don't fall apart. I also said I would repair or replace but can't find anybody. What kind of company do you call to replace or repair your a/c?
    RV repair for sure.

I wasn't meaning to say you specifically, I mean anyone who mobile grooms should be prepared to handle mechanical issues. It is a part of this business. I deal with many issues in my vans that I almost need a staff mechanic on my payroll.

Any RV service center can handle AC repair or replacement. Replacing is an easy swap cause the wiring and cutout is there. They just unbolt it from the roof and pop in a new one. I buy mine online and have it shipped to my house. It's way cheaper to buy it online vs the RV center. I don't know their policy on install if you bring them the new unit. They may just charge an hourly rate of like $80 x maybe 2 hours.

Your idea is great for an unexpected breakdown. thanks for sharing.

I do keep extra fans in my van storage just in case this happens.