Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

That's true. Thank you. I'll keep you guys updated. Its just stressful not knowing.

I've just had a thought.... When should I start telling clients I'm leaving? Cuz I don't think it's fair on them to just leave with out saying anything. Eurgh.... Its such a mine field as I know it will lead to the inevitable "where are you going" question. And seeing as they haven't given my a yes or no for my no Compete I don't want to cross any lines that could lead to instant dismissal... Cannot afford that to happen.

Ive never been in this situation before.

First salon I was bullied and given an ultimatum of leave or be sacked. I left there and then.

2nd salon I was there 3 months covering the back end of mat leave so didn't have any relationship with the clients.

3rd salon I have a month's notice but they refused to let me deal with any of the clients or answer the phone or access computer system during my notice period (did get a bunch of cards and things though)

and I've got about 8 weeks to get through.

Do not tell them. That is my opinion. Once you are in your new job, you can put your name on ads and in big letters on the storefront, etc., but if you tell them this is the perfect reason for your current employer to feel that you're messing them about. Your intentions are good. (isn't messing them about an English expression? I'm trying to speak English instead of American, ha ha!)
    If you wind up telling your clients about the no-compete, or implying you can't tell them details due to your employers, that will put your employers in a bad light -- they will look like meanies, so it would be disloyal.

Yes, messing them about is very much an English expression, a typical northern expression at that

I completely get where you're coming from, most of the clients would more than likely be loyal to the vets, but I had several find me from my old salons who have no loyalty to the vets at all, and it's those ones that I feel bad not telling. You are right though. It's most likely best not to say anything.

Well... Just got a letter from work accepting my resignation.

They are not gonna waive my no Compete and I'm not allowed to tell clients that I'm leaving and if I do it will be classed as gross misconduct. I guess they answered my question that I put to you guys.

Oh well. It's out of my hands and they will have to deal with upset clients. On the bright side, at least it gets me out of seeing a d grooming the land sharks and piranhas!

I just hope I get to groom some of my favorites again.

Your favorite clients will find you again. Do as suggested run big ads, name on front of building (after the no compete has expired).
    Have to say I laughed when I read they accepted your resignation....like they had a choice if you don't work.
    Best of wishes on this new adventure......enjoy being a dog walker while you can't groom, who knows dog walking may give you some different insight about dogs behavior that you can use when back grooming.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Thank you. I did have a bit of a cry over it on my way home this evening. Feeling a bit rubbish, but at least it's the weekend so got a couple days to just chill and not think about it.

Not very classy of them. Frustrating really. I would have had a bit of a cry too. But don't let it throw you for a tailspin. You are obviously very good and they are worried that you leaving will negatively affect their bottom line.
    I hope it does. (I know that's mean spirited)
    Your story kinda makes me think of Cinderella! Only in your modern twist to the story you are being rescued by a princess instead of a prince!
    Onward and upward!

If they found me once before, they will find me again. Honestly? If I coukd tell them where I was going, I'm pretty most woukd follow me if given the choice. I just feel horrible that I can't tell my long standing loyal clients.

And as my hubby said last night, I will gain new clients with whom I will most likely fall in love with all over again. Just need to keep focused on the fact that I'm leaving at the end of next month! It's scary but exciting.

Ive not told my new employer yet as she's currently away but she's back on Monday.

Is it wrong that I hope my clients will really kick off about me leaving and not being told where I've gone? Petty I know.

Well... There goes my thank you card idea. They don't want me giving out thankyou cards (I did last year to my clients who gave really lovely gifts) incase either tell clients Im leaving and where I'm going in them (I would not do that, still need my job) or if I don't I may rouse suspicions or unwanted questions. Sigh. Here's hoping the clients paid attention to my name badge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5