Yelling Pink Have to close shop for a few days

We got a notice from the landlord we may have to close 3 or more days. It is just possible at this point. They are going to give us some credit on our rent that month. No formula as yet. They are making major upgrades to the electrical and structural of the building. So that is good news, the power panels etc are older and sometimes there are issues.

Any thoughts on what credit you would expect. I am going to have some loss of income. We are almost always booked, both shops. Although my 2nd shop could take on 10 or more dogs a day extra, but it will be a drive for the customers, a good 20 minutes or more or extra.

We had to close for 2 days once as the city had water problems. No compensation from the city. We opened on Monday's to make up for it.

We were told today 3 days likely. Monday is one of them, so we are already closed. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Teena2 View Post
    We were told today 3 days likely. Monday is one of them, so we are already closed. Yuck.
    Sorry, I wish I could help.. I have no clue. What about asking high at first, like 5-6 days to cover some of the loss??
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

You will probably get a prorated rent for the month. The rate would be whatever your monthly rate is broken down into daily x 3 days. I hate to say it but it is highly unlikely you will be compensated anything for loss in wages.

Do you have any groomers you are friends with that wouldn't mind you sharing their shop for a day ot two? Maybe you could do some house calls on those days. Silver lining, you will have new upgrades that seem needed to your building at least.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau