Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Yes I agree but we have modern shampoos and conditioners. We dont need home recipes anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Actually, I do use home made shampoo bar and conditioner for myself. I am terribly allergic to chemicals in shampoos and preservatives in most conditioners. I cannot use liquid soap, many lotions. I really have to read the labels to see if they contain anything that's going to break me out.. and sometimes I'll try a lotion and then be super itchy. It's soo frustrating. I don't make the soap bar nor the conditioner! It's Carley's Clear and Smooth. They have really great lotions, anti-aging products, scrubs, eye creams. Some that rival the big name brand skin creams! I love their products. I use the shea butter bar all over my self. So.. I do need them!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I'm with Tom, I wouldn't do it either. I remember reading about homemade egg treatments in a magazine when I was a teenager. I tried it and it TOTALLY dried my hair out and made it like petrified straw. I had to soak it in olive oil to normalize it. Based on my experience, I wouldn't want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Yes I agree but we have modern shampoos and conditioners. We dont need home recipes anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't use a homemade on dogs though. However, the last cat I showed, who turned into.. is there a Kujocat?? LOL! Well, I used my shampoo bar on her and let me tell you.. she wiped out the competition until the last ring, when she was done, ready to go home, don't touch me or I'll bite and rip your eyeballs out. The judge said.. "Would the owner of cat # suchsuch please get her out of the crate? She's such a perfect specimen of this breed and I'd really like to show you (the audience) why, but she's kind of cranky. Yeah.. ears flat and hissing.. I'd say cranky lol. So, I did the junior high thing and looked at my breeder and said.. "You get her, I'm not touching her." I think I was called a wimp.. yup, yes I was LOL! Thus ended her beauty queen career and now I use hypo on her and rinse her with Nagayu Co2 system. I'm finding on my own dogs and cats it really is like a conditioner.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    I wouldn't use a homemade on dogs though. However, the last cat I showed, who turned into.. is there a Kujocat?? LOL! Well, I used my shampoo bar on her and let me tell you.. she wiped out the competition until the last ring, when she was done, ready to go home, don't touch me or I'll bite and rip your eyeballs out. The judge said.. "Would the owner of cat # suchsuch please get her out of the crate? She's such a perfect specimen of this breed and I'd really like to show you (the audience) why, but she's kind of cranky. Yeah.. ears flat and hissing.. I'd say cranky lol. So, I did the junior high thing and looked at my breeder and said.. "You get her, I'm not touching her." I think I was called a wimp.. yup, yes I was LOL! Thus ended her beauty queen career and now I use hypo on her and rinse her with Nagayu Co2 system. I'm finding on my own dogs and cats it really is like a conditioner.
    LOL for the cat in the crate.

Most of the egg shampoos homemade were not egg alone. They include oils so it wouldn't dry out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2