Shock Pink Groomer fired and now I am senior groomer

Am I freaking you bet. I walk in to work Saturday and the owner says you are the lead. WTF where is Frankie? I must say I didn't get along with her, no one did. She was rough to work with. Plus she kept really poor notes and so I don't have much to go on. The owner says she will handle telling people she isn't here any more. She will verify notes with them. Pretty good excuse I guess. I am not as good as Frankie but not far behind. I am just trying to be optimistic. It is a better paying job. but I felt like a tidalwave hit me. I don't know why she got fired but she had an attitude. Life sends you opportunities my mother said when you may least expect it. any guidance anyone?

Smile and do your best. All will be good! The boss must have confidence in you. Congrats on your promotion!!!
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Congratulations!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Your Mother is a wise woman. You will do fine. Sometimes being tossed into the deep end is exactly what we need. You go Puppy!

Congrats! Have confidence in your abilities and you'll do great!
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Yes, and you know what I have said this FOR YEARS. I showed my grandkids the WONDERFUL FAMILY film Last Starfighter. KIDS LOVE IT, adults too. Lots of humor and bravery. Total family movie. But this is the theme of the film. You never know when but suddenly life presents humans change and no matter all the doubts or blocks, you have to HOLD ON WITH BOTH HANDS and go with it. So true. If you have never seen this film it is fun and so meaningful and yet sci fi enough to keep kids enthralled.

I love it love it. This is reality tv for groomers.

How are you holding up?

OK I am alive! LOL I feel better about this. The owner is going over the records for every dog with complete notes. Lots of things were missing that only the regular groomer would know. She and I are doing check in and saying we want to update their records and no one is complaining. Some like it I think. Can you say confidence builder?

I appreciate the support.

Having just had our lead groomer quit, we were very nervous. We had just hired another groomer, however, along with another part-time groomer. Our old groomer sounds very similiar to your former lead groomer. It has absolutely been the best thing for my store! There are clients that just won't ever get it or understand but with the change in attitude and overall feeling and changes we will grow even better. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Onblonde View Post
    Having just had our lead groomer quit, we were very nervous. We had just hired another groomer, however, along with another part-time groomer. Our old groomer sounds very similiar to your former lead groomer. It has absolutely been the best thing for my store! There are clients that just won't ever get it or understand but with the change in attitude and overall feeling and changes we will grow even better. Congrats.
    This is a very important point. Sometimes the best thing I ever for my business was to fire someone. I didn't realize how they were infecting you could say everyone. I don't always know everything going on behind the scenes. Some stirring up issues after work. They are going and in a week the place is busy, calm and happy.

What is amazing to me as well is when the ones you fire want to come back and work with you.

I have had this happen at my shop. I didn't have to fire someone to make it happen. Life happens. I had a groomer fall in love and run off with a guy. No notice. So I moved up another groomer in her position. I made myself available to them all day and checked every groom. Her table was next to mine. She was scared at first and then got really excited. The one who ran away with the guy came back months later, already in separation from the guy. She was not re-hired.