Huh? Pink My favorite pet food store closing after 30 years.

I don't buy any foods at grocery stores and have relied on a charming old fashioned pet store with really great foods. Grain free over there, organic in the corner, bargain stuff over there. The staff really knows their stuff too. Treats and coats of all kinds. Problem is, chewy and amazon. Even though they stock foods even better but you cannot really say chewy or amaz doesn't, people want shipments to their door, FREE. So they are closing. So many empty spots in malls too. Kinda sad and restaurants are struggling after Uber delivery.

yes we are seeing this here too. Sad.

Very sad, indeed. The internet has changed our lives and how we do business in so many ways. Brick and mortar stores need to re-invent themselves to keep up with the times and stay in business. I miss the old days.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

We lost our local ones over 3 years ago. It's a growing trend.

The effect of an online shop is affecting a lot of business. I still prefer going to the grocery and pet store to pick up food for me and my pet. I feel like it is safer to do an actual shopping than defends on these e-commerce, but then again a lot of people find it convenient to just go all over the internet to purchase some stuff.

ALL of our small pet stores specializing in high end pet foods are closed. Some of the people really were knowledgeable. I used to ask if Diamond had bought the food and changed the formula. Do you remember that? Again and again Diamond did that. Kept the name, cheapened the product, hid it if you didn't read the label super carefully. They had the latest news.

I'm so afraid my little local store will be going the same way. The only thing that keeps them alive is raw foods. But honestly, I would shop there more, if they would at least be comparable to the prices of my cat food on Chewy. I'm going to Kahoots right now for my food and I love their cat litter!! I've been using Dr. Elsey's for years and this stuff is equal if not better.. and only $13 for 40 lbs! Yes please!!! And they give a discount on a case of food. Yes please!

But I'm sorry for the little guy.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by coldnose View Post
    ALL of our small pet stores specializing in high end pet foods are closed. Some of the people really were knowledgeable. I used to ask if Diamond had bought the food and changed the formula. Do you remember that? Again and again Diamond did that. Kept the name, cheapened the product, hid it if you didn't read the label super carefully. They had the latest news.
    Yes! I love capitalism and I'm all for people making a buck.. but what bugs me the most is the numerous, numerous amount of recalls. I do not understand why they can't get the food right?? Why is there mold? Why salmonella? Why this, why that?? Can they not make a clean food? Oh, that's another reason I like Kahoots.. made in Texas.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.