Offended Homeowner assn tries to stop generators during the day

OK so 3 customers live in this homeowner assn. One of them said one of the new members of the assn is destroying it. She is trying to say no generator noise even during daytime. It has upset people not only groomers but this one carpet cleaning service that uses a generator and a special pool service. She told me come over anyway there is another meeting tomorrow. If they make a scene we will still pay you. Apparently local law says the homeowner assn cannot override in the first place. During business hours it is legal.

Does she get her yard mowed and weedeated? Does she have her hedges trimmed....hmmmm? She sounds like a control freak! Everyone has their yards maintained which is a lot more noise on a regular basis than a generator once every six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygrl View Post
    Does she get her yard mowed and weedeated? Does she have her hedges trimmed....hmmmm? She sounds like a control freak! Everyone has their yards maintained which is a lot more noise on a regular basis than a generator once every six weeks.
    Very good point!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

I agree that this person isnít being totally reasonable.

I also think that generator noise is a lot more annoying then lawn mower noise. I admit that I havenít heard the generator of a grooming van but that while camping some of those people are will start up their generators and it is god-awful. And it goes on for hours.

I donít know what the solution is. I can see where the sounds of generators could be very annoying if you have sleeping babies, or you work nights and sleep during the day, or you just want to enjoy your home with the windows open without that consent noise.

There has to be a happy medium. A meeting sounds like a good place to start. Perhaps they can agree on quite daytime hours. Businesses that use generators would then work during the hours that are allotted to them. Just an idea.

It will be interesting to hear what the outcome is.

During business hours rarely can you tell legally homeowners they cannot have service providers and the noise that goes along.

10 years and only problems were neighbor complaints about noise. Cops came on a few occasions and told everyone we were legal during business hours while I stood behind them grinning. It's a at home service that works with equipment whether it be a gas weedwacker, carpet cleaning van, jackhammer, you name it, we need to work. Sorry if it disturbs someone. Frankly, it's too bad. We are there a limited time and maybe 1x month or less.

As for certain gated communities and especially ones with guard houses, there are restrictions like no work on Sundays and holidays, no work before 9am and up to 5pm. But nothing having to do with generator or work noise.