Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by TootsiePie View Post
    cockerlvr I understand what are saying now, but when you say all these years....how is showing hard on them. I am just curious.
    In cocker spaniels, you get down on your knees to 'stack' them. So you run around on concrete, slide to a stop and slam down on your knees. Then you get up, then you do it again, and again if your dog wins. And if you have more than one dog in the show, you do it again. Then you do it the next day and the next weekend. In my case it was usually three weeks out of every month for over 20 years. It takes it's toll.

Then when you're on grass, and the ground is uneven, your ankles twist, your knees twist, and at my age you're lucky if you don't go down.

I don't know anyone my age in cockers that doesn't wear a knee brace to show now. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

I had my first pump go out and changed it. I feel like I am a graduate now.

I carry lots of backups. It's cheaper than losing a day of work. That's also one reason I pull a trailer. If my vehicle breaks down, I can rent a truck from Uhaul for $25 a day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well a big fear is not having a backup vehicle and a repair or accident keeping me from grooming for a week, two weeks. Someday I hope to have backup even if it is a trailer though I drive a van.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2