Animated Wink Mobile Groomer Grows Business with Shop and Doggie Daycare

http://www.wilsontimes.com/stories/m...ay-care,144642

A mobile groomer with a loyal following is laying down roots and expanding services with a new storefront on Airport Boulevard.

“The reaction from clients has been positive. Definitely positive,” Groom-A-Bull Pet Center owner Cyndie Taylor said. “I have called each one individually to share our good news and they have all responded very well and are excited for the new services we’re bringing to the community.”

The grand opening celebration will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at 2519 Airport Blvd., Suite B. Taylor and her staff of nine others will be on-site to give tours of the grooming space, doggie day care and the mobile salon. Search @groomabull on Facebook or visit www.groomabull.com/ for more information or call 252-292-0786.

“Our day care space is 30 feet long by 12 feet wide and is a completely open play area,” Taylor said.

“We will have day care attendants and a play set. It is completely indoors, so pets won’t overheat, but we have a potty area and an area to take them for walks.”

Taylor launched her mobile grooming business in 2016 and had always hoped to open a shop, but it was only when the landlord of the Airport Boulevard property approached her during Hurricane Florence that the goal took shape.

“This all happened two weeks ago when we had four days stuck in the house during the hurricane,” she recalled with a laugh.

“This opportunity came to us and within four days, I had completely mapped everything out. When you walk through the door, about 98 percent of what you see was designed and done by my husband and I.”

With eight years as a certified groomer, Taylor grew a loyal following, especially among owners of multiple pets looking to reduce the stress on animals during grooming and willing to pay a couple more dollars to bring the service to their homes. She has about 140 human clients and innumerable four-legged ones. Once the shop opens, mobile grooming will temporarily switch to a part-time availability while staff get into the swing of business from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.

“Our primary focus is on the pets’ best interest and following safety standards within the industry,” she said. “We’re also going to add dog training with our courses being developed by a professional dog trainer. We’ll be adding that in the next six months or so as people express interest.”

Doggie day care participants are required to be up-to-date on all vaccines, spayed or neutered and complete a socialization interview.

Taylor said she’s thrilled to expand her customer base and offer more comprehensive services for dogs of all sizes and breeds.

“This is a big opportunity for Groom-A-Bull and my family,” she said. “We’re excited to offer a permanent headquarters to complement our mobile services.”

Extra! Extra!

Arkham Comix is partnering with artist Rob Potchak with a 24-hour marathon to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation.

The shop will open at 11:59 p.m. Friday with Potchak writing and drawing an entire comic from start to finish by 11:59 p.m. Saturday. Supporters can donate money for each of the 32 pages completed, but the shop also will be giving a portion of all sales to the charity. There will be a variety of raffles during the event as well. For more information or to donate, visit the store at 3710 Peppermill Drive, Suite F, or call 252-281-5684.

Got an idea for news to include in next week’s Main Street Minute? Don’t hesitate to reach out to me at 252-265-7821 or bhandgraaf@wilsontimes.com.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I bet I could easily go there, but staying focused with what I have. Managing more, not at this time baby.

With my niece becoming a groomer and going mobile later with my help, we are expanding with both shop and mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyB View Post
    With my niece becoming a groomer and going mobile later with my help, we are expanding with both shop and mobile.
    Hey CathyB I remember your business plan. Perhaps your niece can learn to do a side business plan for your mobile. Great training.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

Since she is or will be working for you for awhile, are you letting her work the front counter at times. Great experience before she runs the mobile part of your buisness next year. Very interesting development.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

I have seen this happen when the mobile groomer gets married and they join forces to TAKE THE GROOMING MARKET!!!