Jiggy On the Go - thanks

I checked with a place that does a big farmer's market here. I am normally off Sat and Sun and they said WHAT A GREAT IDEA TO HAVE A GROOMER! I have a cousin in school for grooming now, so she can help and maybe work Sundays at the market for me and I will cover Saturday. Fabulous. I am looking in my space with a letter to them and a deposit.

I think you meant LOCKING not looking.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mobilegroomer View Post
    I checked with a place that does a big farmer's market here. I am normally off Sat and Sun and they said WHAT A GREAT IDEA TO HAVE A GROOMER! I have a cousin in school for grooming now, so she can help and maybe work Sundays at the market for me and I will cover Saturday. Fabulous. I am looking in my space with a letter to them and a deposit.
    You are welcome. Actually this was the last weekend I worked there. But I said hold a space for me next year!! By then I may get another used unit to always have a spare. Another market season would pay for an older unit with some fix up. I wouldn't put much mileage on it. Just 20 miles a week.

Questions:

1). How many people go to the farmer's market with a dog?
    2). How many people are willing to wait 1-2 hrs as you groom their dog
    3). How many people are willing to wait their turn to get their dog groomed while you are grooming another dog

I think that you should use your weekend as a time for rest, and groom M-F at people's homes. Most mobile groomer get so busy and booked out months in advance, that they need time off.

Good Luck on your adventure

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

After the first 2 weeks and word spread, I was 60% booked ahead. I found more than half the people go to the market every weekend, or every other weekend. It is situated at a park, with restaurants, fishing, hiking, biking and classes like cooking and crafts. No one complained about waiting there is so much to do. It is also just a short walk to the old downtown with antique shops and gift shops. It is all dog friendly, but not off leash. In fact, packed with dogs because of the biking and hiking. I actually did some babysitting of small pets while they went to classes for good regulars. So even if they are not going to market they are doing outdoor activities centered there too. For this reason I worked about 12 hour days but the money was worth it and I would say at least half will become regulars. I love having Monday and Tuesday, I love working weekends, always have. I want quieter days off like M and T, so much easier to get around town for us, and going to movies or out without lines. I got many referrals and so many people came by to look at the van. I will have helper next year but I am happy to work even 4 days only rest of year, and then 6 days in season. It was so fun and so little mileage on the van. Thanks for asking Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by On the Go View Post
    After the first 2 weeks and word spread, I was 60% booked ahead. I found more than half the people go to the market every weekend, or every other weekend. It is situated at a park, with restaurants, fishing, hiking, biking and classes like cooking and crafts. No one complained about waiting there is so much to do. It is also just a short walk to the old downtown with antique shops and gift shops. It is all dog friendly, but not off leash. In fact, packed with dogs because of the biking and hiking. I actually did some babysitting of small pets while they went to classes for good regulars. So even if they are not going to market they are doing outdoor activities centered there too. For this reason I worked about 12 hour days but the money was worth it and I would say at least half will become regulars. I love having Monday and Tuesday, I love working weekends, always have. I want quieter days off like M and T, so much easier to get around town for us, and going to movies or out without lines. I got many referrals and so many people came by to look at the van. I will have helper next year but I am happy to work even 4 days only rest of year, and then 6 days in season. It was so fun and so little mileage on the van. Thanks for asking Dolly.
    This sounds just like the farmers market in Olympia WA, all the same opportunities right there. But also just a couple blocks away you have year round people living on their boats.

I think your success is inspiring. It shows there are different ways to run a mobile that fits your preferences. I love grooming.

Whoa! We have a big Farmers market and my niece just got out of school. She is going to work for me until Spring and wants to go mobile. This might be a great way to start and build clientele during Summer and carry over some of them into her regular schedule.