Default Nature's Specialties Citrus shampoo for cat bath?

I will be bathing 3 dsh cats who had fleas. One cat still itches, though all have been treated for fleas. The itchy cat is on antibiotics for flea allergies.
    Best shampoo to use?
    I have a sample bottle of NS Citrus. I also have plain hypo shampoo, as well as NS lavendar shampoo.
    Also owner wants me to blow dry. Is it more effective to leave cat wet, blow dry, or no difference, as far as removing flea residue?
    Thanks!

Do not use citrus on cats, it can make them very sick! I personally would take the hypo and spread it on very thickly, minimally diluted, then wrap the kitty in a towel and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to smother the fleas, if there are any left. If it's just itchy skin, wash as usual with the hypo and give an extra rinse. Blow drying for me depends more on the nature of the cat, but most of the flea residue should actually be coming out with the wash, so you'll need to be very hands on with massaging the lather and rinse water into the coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    I will be bathing 3 dsh cats who had fleas. One cat still itches, though all have been treated for fleas. The itchy cat is on antibiotics for flea allergies.
    Best shampoo to use?
    I have a sample bottle of NS Citrus. I also have plain hypo shampoo, as well as NS lavendar shampoo.
    Also owner wants me to blow dry. Is it more effective to leave cat wet, blow dry, or no difference, as far as removing flea residue?
    Thanks!
    If you can blow dry the cat, I certainly would. But I don't think it matters are far as removing flea residue, rinsing should that. I don't think I'd use the NS because they don't list their ingredients. It's just a tiny sore spot with me. What's your hypo? I only ask because I normally use Top Performance Hypo on cats. It's really gentle and they did list the ingredients. I ended up buying some Davis Hypo and not only does it smell just like baby shampoo, but if it splashes on my arms it stings. I used it yesterday on one of my own cats, she's 16 and having some trouble.. so all I did was blow her dry then I brushed and combed her last night. I noticed she had some dandruff.. so now I don't know if it was the Davis, the weather, or her. Anyway, now I'm having to find a good hypo that lists the ingredients.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.