Brows Pink For employees who pay vet bills

...I know there's some of you out there, despite the illegality of a situation like this. I'm considering a new job opportunity working as an employee - not IC - at a daycare business (it's either this, or back to corporate). Actually, I accepted the offer before being informed of their policy where groomers must pay any vet bills for injuries while in the groomer's care. I've never encountered this. They "recommend" I pick up my own liability insurance, but I don't know where to start as technically I don't own my own business, have no idea what the cost would be. And admittedly a little miffed that this is expected of me at all.

Any advice would be appreciated. Ideally I'd tell the employer there's no way I'm covering liability because I feel like that's the cost of doing business, and therefore their responsibility. However, if it's cheap enough, maybe I could compromise? What would you do?

If you are an employee then your employer is responsible for any vet bills that may arise........period!!!
    If you are IC (won't go into all legalities here) then yes, you would need insurance.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

If you are an employee then your employer is responsible for any vet bills that may arise........period!!!
    If you are IC (won't go into all legalities here) then yes, you would need insurance.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

What Cyn said. If I were you this would be a deal breaker for me and I would keep looking for work. Might have to go to corporate till you can find work elsewhere. If the perspective employer is saying this now after being hired I would be worried about what else you might run into down the road, like if you were injured on the job. I have a feeling they would make you pay for that as well W2 is W2 and all that comes with it. Workers comp, employee taxes, liability insurance, EVERYTHING!
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau