Default Almost burnout and recovery

Got real close to a burnout, I was getting impatient with dogs, not wanting to go in, I stopped watching grooming videos and studying styles. Work became work and I was starting to loose my passion, I think mostly due to poor management. But it came back all of the sudden, mostly when I noticed some tangles on my own dog and said oh snap! It’s time for a haircut! So I spent all day yesterday just focusing on her and it really helped get that drive back, that and I finally put her in an asian style like I wanted, I kinda wish I tried to flare the legs but I took them down for easier maintenance

I know the lighting isnt great, I tried to edit it without it looking hideous, you’d think Ruby has no eyes on pictures alone! The struggles of having a dark dog...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She looks adorable!
    It's so great when you get to flex your creative muscle. Are you able to do that at work or is it more like the same basic few styles over and over? Most of my clients have an opinion about length, but very few about style. They tell me to do whatever I think so I get to play with different styles. Without that opportunity I think I would be less excited about my day.

Very very cute!!!! And she looks so happy.

I hear you on the burnout. Life handed me some weird surprises this year and some days I'm just done.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

what a cutie! I've always noticed that when I felt a burn out coming on, I would watch videos and read trade magazines to learn tips and tricks. Anything to make the job easier!

Nice job! Yes, learning a new technique to try can help. Trying out new shears or a new shampoo. I like to groom my own dogs on a day off and spend way more time than normal in a shop setting. I kiss and hug them as I go, and admire my work when I'm done. I look at them and say to myself (or out loud) "what a great job-I'm really good at what I do and grateful for my talents".
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Lovely.

Why did I open my own please, MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!

NICE, you are destined to be your own businesswoman when you are ready. Then you can focus better even with all the responsibilities of running your own biz.

Very nice, I worked several places before I changed and opened my own business. I never planned to, but that is what happened.

I have burnout in a way. I have the same dogs with the same haircuts, over and over and over and over and over, ad nauseum. I'm happy I have dogs to show right now to get my creative juices flowing again. Competing and making sure my grooming looks better than everyone else's (or at least trying lol) keeps me interested.

Such a cute dog and groom. Having a shop I am always seeing new dogs and facing challenges. I hadn't thought of that with you and others Cockerlvr that have the same dogs most of the time.

I ride that roller coaster sometimes. I understand and here I am, glad to be here grooming.

I just an article about burnout in G2G. The Dec issue will have another one on dealing with holiday stress. https://www.groomertogroomer.com/tim...iding-burnout/
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887