Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nice Inca. Your bath looks so clean and fluffed nicely.

Hey workingchi I saw your article and said I know her. She blogs at petgroomercom.

Quote Originally Posted by poodlefeet View Post
    She looks adorable!
    It's so great when you get to flex your creative muscle. Are you able to do that at work or is it more like the same basic few styles over and over? Most of my clients have an opinion about length, but very few about style. They tell me to do whatever I think so I get to play with different styles. Without that opportunity I think I would be less excited about my day.
    The VAST majority of our dogs get 7s with teddy bear heads but occasionally well get people who dont care or want to try something new, or they tried it themselves and we have to fix it- those are my favorites! I would love to do more high maintenance grooms, I actually do most of the ones who do come in anyway! I keep joking about getting a yorkie/toy poodle/ pom/ shih etc. but I cant....yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    Very very cute!!!! And she looks so happy.

I hear you on the burnout. Life handed me some weird surprises this year and some days I'm just done.
    I hear ya too! At home surprises on top of work surprises will do that. Luckily my favorite dogs are spread out pretty good and they always cheer me up when they come in

Quote Originally Posted by WashingTheDog View Post
    what a cutie! I've always noticed that when I felt a burn out coming on, I would watch videos and read trade magazines to learn tips and tricks. Anything to make the job easier!
    I used to do this when I would draw! Id always watch other people draw and it would help a lot. I do the same thing with grooming, I like to watch videos and study and try to improve techniques. It does help a lot with burnout

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    I have burnout in a way. I have the same dogs with the same haircuts, over and over and over and over and over, ad nauseum. I'm happy I have dogs to show right now to get my creative juices flowing again. Competing and making sure my grooming looks better than everyone else's (or at least trying lol) keeps me interested.
    I really want to get into the dog show world!! It seems like so much fun and a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by workingchihuahua View Post
    I just an article about burnout in G2G. The Dec issue will have another one on dealing with holiday stress. https://www.groomertogroomer.com/tim...iding-burnout/
    Just got it in the mail! Funny how it came up now

Thank you to everyone who responded, appreciating the love and support, everyone is so kind here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2