Default Dogs losing weight, Yoo-hoo!

In the last couple of months there were few times that I thought as I picked up a dog "hmmm, Fluffy feels lighter, is it my imagination or is he loosing weight?" I debate wether to tell the owner, but in the end ask when they come to pick up, "did he loose some weight?" - and the owners are delighted that I noticed, because they DID put the dog on a diet, or limited treats, or increased daily walks, etc. I am happy they did, and they are happy it shows!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's funny you mention this. I've had the same thing happening. The sad part is, the owners THOUGHT it was more walks, or a diet, and turns out all four dogs had a serious medical condition. Two diabetics and two in kidney failure.

There is a lot this either the dogs are healthy or turning for the worst lately. I never said anything but you are right. Something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    It's funny you mention this. I've had the same thing happening. The sad part is, the owners THOUGHT it was more walks, or a diet, and turns out all four dogs had a serious medical condition. Two diabetics and two in kidney failure.
    Yes, I had two who have diabetes, too. One, I mentioned couple appointments ago, that he looked skinny, and the owners were like, nah, he's just getting old; but last time they told me they took him to the vet and he has diabetes. And another, owner asked me before I even said anything, if I noticed she has lost weight, and told me it's diabetes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk