Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Yes there are a few 3000 watt inverter style gens out there and weigh less than 100 pounds. Predator 3500 is one for 600 bucks.

I will agree to disagree about using inverters to power high amp equipment. Wagn tails does use 2 batteries and you are having to carry what number of batteries at 1000 pounds of weight and 2 grand in battery cost just to avoid using a generator.

You could never power an air conditioning unit on batteries, what makes you believe you can run a 17 amp or higher dryer for any length of hours without killing a battery bank quickly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Ok Tom, listen. I have been doing it! For five years! Yes, I had growing pains in the beginning figuring out how many batteries I needed, that I needed an isolator but I have been doing it easily. It's not a figment of my imagination. I have been running on inverter and bats for five years. The five of them do weigh 750 pounds, but so what. It probably barely drops my average MPG.

Hubby ran his trailer with a generator and every single day he said he wished he never had. It was a hassle and used tons of gas. His gas bills were nearly double mine. Then the oil changes. The noise, the fumes, the dealing with figuring out how to mount it on a van. Nope I will stick with my inverter system. THAT WORKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    My 2011 WGT has both the generator and inverter system......they told me to never run the dryer or AC on the inverter system because it would drain the batteries quickly. Per the panel on the wall, my 2011 batteries are still at 100%

Happy having both systems

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
    Dolly I appreciate your input, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Your inverter, assuming it's the 2000 watt Wagn Tails puts in the ones now, is half the size of mine. Your two batteries together make of ONE of my five. You can't compare it. Your inverter would not have the capacity to run a K-9II

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    Ugh sorry.. I can't help you at all. But your post reminded me of that commercial where Death comes to this lady's door and she's like.. "NOOOOO I have spinning class!!!" And he points to her expensive fridge and she's like... "Oh come on, do you know how much I paid for this??"

Good luck, hope you can figure out a solution.
    HAha. I love this! I'm going to keep buying expensive stuff to cheat death.

I talked to wagn tails about this. They said the impact of high amperage on an inverter is a battery killer. They said you would need 2000 pounds of batteries to run the dryer on full speed for up to 5 hours. That's why they use a small supplemental system so you can groom with no gen, then turn on the gen to use the dryer, then shut the gen.

Yes, I know you have been doing this, so have I. I have 200 amp hr batteries in my promaster and we just about killed the bank in 1 year running our dryer on inverter but I also have a Yamaha 6300 on board for ac and can switch the inverter over to the gen for full power. Inverter is useless in Vegas from April to October. Need ac all day. But in cooler months we use inverter 100 percent but the dryer goes out after like 6 dogs.

It's great to have no noise when grooming. A quiet new style gen is very quiet and fuel efficient and very reliable.

I'm so sorry cockerlvr. Despite the headaches you endured to install this dryer, you posted how much you liked it.
    I have no suggestions for you, only sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    That's simply not true Tom. My last set of batteries lasted me nearly three years. Which to me is more than long enough. But remember I have a BIG bank of batteries, not just two like Wagn Tails. I have five 200 AH batts. This particular dryer is and always has been drawing an inconsistent amount of power. Spoke to an electrician today and sent him the video and he said it's almost definitely the motor in the dryer.
    That dryer is still under warranty. Make them fix it or send you a new one....even if you don't use it, at least you could sell a dryer without a faulty motor.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    That's true! I have one from PE, a Master Blaster that is just a little work horse lol. It's really been good to me. And when I thought it died a couple of years ago, I bought another one and my dh realized the one that had died, just needed new fuses!! So now I have an extra one in a box if I ever need it. There's a similar dryer.. oh the Flying Pig I think. It's just like the Master Blaster. The only difference that I can see are the filters. Mine is both an hv and heat/stand dryer combo. Variable speed, 2 heat settings. Stays in place lol. I was working at this one salon and they had an old Oster stand dryer and it was a nightmare!! Just when you had it adjusted to dry the ears.. bam it would fall down. I got very good at using my arms, legs, body lol.. to keep it in place.
    The old Oster stand dryers were the BEST....too bad they don't make them anymore. They just needed simple maintenance to not drop while drying and super easy to keep clean of built up hair.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    I talked to wagn tails about this. They said the impact of high amperage on an inverter is a battery killer. They said you would need 2000 pounds of batteries to run the dryer on full speed for up to 5 hours. That's why they use a small supplemental system so you can groom with no gen, then turn on the gen to use the dryer, then shut the gen.

Yes, I know you have been doing this, so have I. I have 200 amp hr batteries in my promaster and we just about killed the bank in 1 year running our dryer on inverter but I also have a Yamaha 6300 on board for ac and can switch the inverter over to the gen for full power. Inverter is useless in Vegas from April to October. Need ac all day. But in cooler months we use inverter 100 percent but the dryer goes out after like 6 dogs.

It's great to have no noise when grooming. A quiet new style gen is very quiet and fuel efficient and very reliable.

Mine doesn't. After the initial growing pains of learning how it all worked and that the inverter store WAY underestimated how many batts I needed, it's been all gravy. Do you have an isolator so your batteries charge between stops? How many batteries do you have? All I know is my five batteries with an isolater lasted nearly three years. Running everything I need to, sometimes I even run the stand dryer (the Oster I used to have) and the K9II at the same time. Still no issues.

Hubby had a hybrid system too, but he only had two batteries and they quit almost immediately if he ran the dryer.

My current van has AC but we made it so I plug it in to the clients house. Works great. I'm not using extra power but I still stay cool. Not sure it would work in Vegas. I have tripped a couple of circuits when it was really hot and people have freezers running in their garages. I have a Q&A before I plug in. Do you have a freezer or fridge in the garage? Do you know the amp load on this circuit? (a 20 is fine 15 is not)Do you know where your circuit breaker box is? (some people actually don't) Can I look at it to check the amps on the circuit? I only need AC a couple of months out of the year, three on the outside so it's not a big deal to me.

Well you guys are the gurus to me on this topic. I just want to say I like learning here. This is interesting and you are so polite. Now Tom your Irish, I can hear your stress, when are you moving to Florida? You've done awesome and you are so helpful, but I know you need to find that balance without all the stress.

You read my mind! I like how everyone is sharing on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2