Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Back in 1984 my boyfriend bought me a mini wire-haired dachshund puppy. Two months later, I woke up on a Saturday morning and said to myself...OMG, I need to get this dog groomed.....I went downstairs and looked in the Yellow Pages for a groomer, my finger found Grooming School. I worked at a hospital during the week, and went to grooming school on the weekends...took me 6 months to earn 300 hrs......all to groom a doxie. Then I said, if I groom the neighbor's dog, I can help pay back the 3K that I spent on tuition........rest is history.

Happy loving my doxies

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Cool Bjorn and I went to flashdance clubs myself. For me I couldn't find a groomer within 20 miles except a lady that did dogs in her house. She had experience but not schooling. I knew I wanted to stay in my family area and actually went to Paragon School and came home and started a shop. It was the great call of our area for groomers that turned on a light and said this is your calling.

I had a boring desk job, a good one though. I had 3 dogs and when we had no groomer in town I took some online courses. Wow I though, go girl, you are not bad. I may be my own worst critic, but to say that to myself, good. I need more self esteem. I came out of an abusive situation. Grooming has given me pride, and it makes people happy and they really like. The dogs like me. That's it. What more do I really need. I am very proud to be a groomer more than any other job I might do. It gave me my self esteem back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2