Thread: Newbie check in

Skeptical Cat Newbie check in

I have been reading the forum thread for a while and I decided to join in. I am more to cat person, sometimes I love to watch grooming cat videos and hook me up to learn about grooming a cat. I only have a stray cat at home, not like ragdoll sometimes like a good breed to groom. By the way, a cat still a cat, even just a stray cat could be really nice to groom. Let me mingle around the forum thread before asking some newbie or silly question I guess.

Welcome, we have some serious cat lovers / groomers here. No one will think asking any questions are silly. This place has always been about helping newbies. One of the forums here is dedicated to cat grooming too.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Hello and welcome! And seriously, no questions are dumb. Ask away. Lots of moggies or moggy or moggie or mixed breed cats of unknown origin still need baths and nails trimmed!!!

I am fortunate in that I have 3 of my own Siberians. I had 4 but just lost one of my girls a week ago. She was 14. Her half sister will be 16 next month. Oh she's such an old lady... my first Siberian. Losing her will be tough.

My two younger ones, one has this incredibly thick triple coat (well Siberians are all triple coated) but genetics affects coarseness, smoothness, etc etc. Of the two younger ones, one rarely needs a bath, the other one needs brushing several times a week.

But whether long haired, short haired, purebred, or not... I do love to groom cats!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I have 6 Bengalís and 3 Lykoiís. Yes folks, I added one more Lykoi to my clowder.

Scott

I also groom a lot of cats. About 45% of my clientele are cats. I love cats.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCatGuy View Post
    I have 6 Bengalís and 3 Lykoiís. Yes folks, I added one more Lykoi to my clowder.

Scott
    LOL.. well welcome to the third Lykoi!!! I'm done adding right now.. I need to wait until my oldest girl goes and I get these dogs trained. The puppy is just very curious about the two younger cats, who are runners. The one that just died and my old girl were the smackers. And my puppy KNOWS.. he knows the other two are runners and won't smack him.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Thanks for all of the warm welcome. What a really active community and I wish I could have a Bengal or Siberian cat like Scott and daesue. I guess first thing first when you want to enter the world of grooming, does your cat need to bathed first? My cat will scream like she sees a ghost when I bring her to the bathroom lol.

Does she allow you to lightly comb or brush her at all?

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    LOL.. well welcome to the third Lykoi!!! I'm done adding right now.. I need to wait until my oldest girl goes and I get these dogs trained. The puppy is just very curious about the two younger cats, who are runners. The one that just died and my old girl were the smackers. And my puppy KNOWS.. he knows the other two are runners and won't smack him.
    Kool Kat, any pictures of number three?