Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Your employer really needs to get with workman's comp........
    She is, but I'm still going to contact an attorney just in case.

Long ago I shared some past history, long ago. I left grooming for a short period of time because I moved about 2 hours away from family business. Guess what my job was? Workers compensation adjuster. Now this was CA. But I think it stands to reason based on plenty of experience.

Doctors only know light duty, We know there is no light duty as a groomer. BUT there is front desk work the employer could give you. However, if that doesn't exist then you need to say I cannot groom, it is not light duty to groom, I am in pain. Go back to the doctor.

Of course it that doesn't work out. There are, and I know OH SO WELL, we dealt with them EVERY DAY. Workers compensation attorneys, and they are TYPICALLY no cost to you. Look one up in your area and explain. Be clear about the cost first. You see, in many states, if an injury causes some "permanent" damage you get more than disability but also a cash payout. Well this is for more serious injuries perhaps, or is yours more serious than you know? Perhaps it is only 5%, whatever, this is where attorneys negotiate. So that is some history, and is it possible in your state I do not know.

But obviously a doctor doesn't know what grooming entails. Go back to the doctor and explain. I am lifting, I am using my arms, gripping etc. IT HURTS. Speak out nicely but firmly, IT HURTS BAD. There is no light duty unless you only work the front counter if that applies to your employer.

If this doesn't work, get legal help.

Go for it! Get the help you need. What do doctors know about grooming?

I don't know how my state works either which is why I will talk with an attorney. I was given the name of one by a friend and he does free consultations. It also doesn't help when co-workers are less than cooperative :/ They don't understand that I can't even help hold a dog for them while they try to groom without it causing me pain. After today though, I will be putting my foot down over that kind of stuff and telling the grooming clients that I'm not doing the grooming. That way if a dog goes home looking less than good, it's not on me. Personally I think all the grooming should be canceled for now being as no one else there is a groomer. One co-worker is just winging it based on being a "rough in" groomer in the past. Only a relatively small portion of the business is grooming anyway, and sending dogs home not looking good can be more damaging to the business than not grooming at all for now. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    A third party caused your kidney stone? Are they kidding?
    Apparently??? There was a question and it said.. "Are you planning on suing?" Aaannnd I couldn't resist.. I wrote.. "At this time I am not planning on suing my own kidney though it was quite painful." Watch, they will have no sense of humor and think my kidney did it on purpose??? I had a kidney stone about 3 years ago.. only it wasn't this painful. But I finally got a tad worried, texted my cash doctor and he said, "Go to ER NOW." So I went and they said I had passed it since my urethra showed inflammation and oh good news, there was another stone in my kidney! So.. I may drink 1 or 2 sodas a year, mostly water, a bit of coffee.. and a lot of my times my water is flavored with either lemons, cucumber, sometimes lemons and a few blueberries. Hello yum! Lemon and cucumber is also yum lol. So maybe this was the 2nd one?? I didn't like this ER, I should have gone somewhere else. Very very crazy though!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by WashingTheDog View Post
    Well, I wasn't expecting this. Ortho wants an MRI and a EMG on my arm! I'm not happy. No grooming indefinitely.
    Oh I'm sorry, but this is excellent news and I think you will get better answers. And yes, sorry, but your employer needs to step up with the Workman's Comp for you.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, but this is excellent news and I think you will get better answers. And yes, sorry, but your employer needs to step up with the Workman's Comp for you.
    It is a step in the right direction.

Once again, I am a great fan of TV judge shows (Judy, Ross, Faith...etc) and there is not a week that goes by that someone is bitten by a "friendly" doggie......AND ALWAYS.....the owner is responsible for all medical expenses and wages lost.

Happy watching Judge Judy

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

So...I found out that this same dog was kicked out of another doggie daycare for biting an employee. It was while workers were attempting to break up a dog fight, which does happen, but I was initially told by my employer that they dog had never bitten anyone before. It was a fellow co-worker who told me about the past incident. Oh AND the dog is still coming to us for daycare...

I just came back from reconstructive surgery and a bone graft on my non dominant arm (ulna). My Dr. discussed throughly with me what my job entails and put me on strict limits based on what I thought was doable. Right now I'm on a 30lb weight limit.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    Once again, I am a great fan of TV judge shows (Judy, Ross, Faith...etc) and there is not a week that goes by that someone is bitten by a "friendly" doggie......AND ALWAYS.....the owner is responsible for all medical expenses and wages lost.

Happy watching Judge Judy

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
    I'm such a sucker for The Peoples court. I've been watching it for years. It is ALWAYS the human responsible for control of the animal that is faulted. Even if tou had the dog leashed and it got free. Should have had a better hold on the leash. So the quandry is, being that the dog was left in the care of the business, is the dog owner responsible, or the business responsible because the dog was left in their charge?

In most cases, the oerson responsible for the care of the animal at the time is the responsible party.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Tests over. MRI showed that there is still swelling in the soft tissues of the elbow. Nerve study was normal! Good news, but I still not 100%. The attitudes at work have been not so nice because recovery is taking longer then "they" expected, but Dr and PT say it's progressing normally. I'm not going to start grooming again until Dr. clears me (and even then maybe not there) and they will just have to deal with it. I feel like telling them that I'm sorry that MY pain and suffering inconveniences you (sarcasm)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast